1-87 Hanomag & LOX trailer

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just a peek at my latest efforts. Managed to scrape this together knowing the hardest part will be the trailer cradle and pressure vessel supports.
I will post more as work progresses. Q&C's welcomed.

Attachments

• P1010462.JPG
    P1010462.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 53
  • P1010463.JPG
    P1010463.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 54
P

Polux

Nice work so far Rick.
We have another Rick addicted to the trains and 1/87 vehicles....:smirk:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Rick,

I see you figured out how to post pics here. Wow, some nice work on the Hanomag and the LOX trailer. I can take some pics of my LOX trailer kit from Azimut to give you an idea of what is all involved. I would do it now, but it got real dark and looks like a good storm is coming. I'm still waiting for the leaf spring to come and then maybe I can start building mine. Just holler if you need anything else Sir!

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for the kind words.
Allen I'm taking you up on your offer to post plans for completing my trailer. I have several photos but they are not very clear as to construction.
Paul FYI the trailer is a now defunct WIKING model.
Cheers,
Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you. I have one in my recovery platoon. The WIKING S100s require a lot of work to allow a crew inside, but were the only option back when I modeled them. Yours looks better. PaulE

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Rick,

Ok, here we go...I'll start out with the destructions and then move onto the parts. You should be able to enlarge the pics a bit to see the little details. So,
IMG_1373.JPG
IMG_1372.JPG
IMG_1374.JPG
Now we will show a few of the parts from the kit to give you an idea of some of the details,
IMG_1375.JPG
The ends of the tank with strong reinforcing bar around it...
IMG_1376.JPG
On top is the bottom of the tank and below is the top of the tank with the bands again...Here we have the framing of the tank. The top two pieces are the side and front/back frame as you would see them from the outside. The two pieces under them show the framing on the inside against the tank...As you can see, the resin casting leaves a bit to be desired on these parts!
IMG_1377.JPG
Lastly is a pic of the box art and again shows some of the smaller details.
IMG_1378.JPG
I don't know how detailed you want to get or can get in 1/87, but if you need particular part photos or info, Just holler! But please holler real loud as it's a long way to Bamberg!!! I'm also glad you and Paul hooked up. He is a 1/87 scale Meister and creates some fantastic Dios.

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allen!!
This is fantastic, way more than I expected. Thank You Sir!! Now I do not have to guess and By Golly my way through this project
Thank you so much,
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not much progress to show since my last post. I have the cradles made and installed as well as the production lines located on the tank ends. Will start on the side and end cribbing angles next. Progress pics so far.
Rick H.P1010514.JPGP1010515.JPGP1010517.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick
Agree with Paul and as he's the expert on this scale you mst be doing it right.
Nice to see my buddy showing you the drawings.
Keep it going .
John .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Rick, That is looking tight as duck's butt there. Fantastic detail in such a small scale too. As it looks right now, when I build mine, I can rip off all your detail ideas for my kit. Keep it coming Sir!

Prost
Allen

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Most interesting. Looks like you are doing a great job.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Sirs!
This is where it gets interesting. I'm struggling with the curved support angles that fit around the end of the pressure vessel. Soon as I get that sorted out things should move a little more expeditiously.
Thanks again,
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Heat your square stock in hot water & bend to suit or make a template w/paper, draw it on flat stock & cut it out. Both have worked for me. PaulE

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul,
I never considered hot water...did try a hair drier but it still cracked. I'll try your methods.
Thanks for the tip,
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Results vary w/quality & type of plastic. Soft (can carve it) styrene (usually white) is best.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, Steve,
Just got home from my wingy thing job, I'll try with Evergreen styrene and see where that goes. Thanks Steve, as I said, It is about to get interesting.
Regards to both,
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The latest efforts do not reflect the anguish of trying to make plastic do what it does not want to do...the curved wrap around the LOX tank ends ugh! It was the hot water soak that finally did the trick. Thanks for that Paul. From here on out should be less dramatic.
Rick H.P1010518.JPGP1010519.JPGP1010520.JPG