1-87 Scale 1935 Horch 850 Med. Staff Car

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
First thing I did was break the right front fender getting the spare tire removed so I will be able to paint it when the time comes.
Also had a go at scraping off the molded in windshield wipers on the windscreen. I didn't think that it would polish out but as you can see from the above photo it cleaned up rather nice. Anyway, the fender has been glued and this is on hold till that dries. Rick H.P1011517.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. I’m sure this will be another great one. Patiently waiting for Mr. Race do I can I can Screen him

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Rick,

Now it's time to give your eyes a rest for a week. You don't want them popping out of your head Buddy!!! Nice scratchy on the trunk too.

You gotta love a Horch, is a Horch, a Horch, of course and no one can talk to a Horch of course, that is of course unless the Horch is the famous............Oh, never mind........................

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well Allen, you've gone and named my Horch...........He is now officially known as "Mr. Ed". For those of you what ain't cultured in 1950's T.V. Mr. Ed was a "bad pony" (actually a Palomino) what could talk to his owner if he chose so to do. And by the way.....best thing to do after that little trunk ordeal is to keep going, so I shall continue in my search for things to improve or add to this project.
Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Rick, are we showing our age here???? I like your Mr. Ed Horch!!! So what else do you have in mind for him???

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Working on a fender pennant from wine bottle foil with a .008 thou. mast. I decided that this will be some really "big wigs" transport so am going the extra mile to see if a fender pennant is worth the effort. He'll probably have me sent to the "Rooskie" front if I am unsuccessful. Also got a set of windscreen wipers in place and the interior detailed and painted. Will update soon. Rick H. :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I got the pennant made (not the best) I think it will work once I get a dull coat on it. The trunk looked a little bare so I put some latches on it..........better. got a new rear number plate on and located a tail pipe and made form .025 round styrene. Also got the headlight buckets and turn signals drilled out for lenses. Rick H.P1011520.JPGP1011521.JPGP1011522.JPG

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. This is awesome love the pennant. You are showing you age here lately with those blast from the past TV. I think Dude 1 is tongue tied. All we need now is Mr. Race to show up in the mix

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul. will check that out for future projects. Lee., I'm only as old as I feel. Sometimes I feel it more than others. :tongue-out3:
Thank you both for the comments. Rick H.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. I know the feeling. Your welcome and looking forward for more updates

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
T'won't be visible once the body is on but gives me peace o' mind knowing it's there.
Thanks for stopping by and the kind word. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is where this is as of today.........I managed to b*gger up the passenger side door decal. any suggestions as to its removal now that it's set up? Moving on with final detail painting and when I get that decal sorted it will need a coat of dull coat then it's the fender pennant, head and tail lights and final weathering. Rick H.P1011526.JPGP1011527.JPGP1011528.JPGP1011529.JPG