1-87 Scale 1935 Horch 850 Med. Staff Car

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I've only managed to remove one decal completely - used a pad of cloth soaked in warm water and washing-up liquid (dish soap?)
Pete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for the input Peter, I shall keep that in mind for future reference. I actually got it off using Si's suggestion.......there was a price however, the paint also softened so
I had to repaint the door. No big deal and I'll give it a clear coat tomorrow and redecal it.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, I had hoped to finish this before the start of the G/B........oh well.
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well at least it wasn't a complete respray Rick. Glad you managed to save it. How many Red Cross vehicles will this be once completed?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right you are Mr. Jones .....one knackered door won't ruin the build. I haven't even put a small dent in the first sheet..........they are 81/2 X 11 you know.....The super small economy size. My count of Red Cross vehicles is up to 9 presently but I have a confession to make......I dropped a ton on evilbay last night and there are several new prospects enroute as we speak....the numbers will probably rise dramatically in the coming months. Thanks for stopping by, Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. I’ve done the same thing on Sleezbay. Can we have a hint what’s up next when they get here? You now have me hooked on the Red Cross Med cars. I’m looking at one in 1/48 scale just like the first one you did a couple weeks ago. Keep up the good work

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes Lee.......They should start arriving by weeks end. I know what you mean about the Red Cross vehicles......I bought another Citroen just to have one in the stash (I'm Sick) Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well, after another attempt I finally got a good decal on the right side door. After that it was all the light lenses (this Baby is loaded) and finally I got the fender pennant installed and the mast painted. Next up is a bit of weathering washes and some dry pigments to finish it off. Rick H.P1011538.JPGP1011539.JPGP1011541.JPGP1011543.JPGP1011547.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee. Hope to finish this up soon so I can concentrate on the Mr. T build. Glad you dropped by. Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

A top notch job all round. I struggle sometimes with 1/72, so I don't know how you do it.

ATB

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Real quick what did you make the lights out of? They looks really good

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
MV Products lenses Lee. Been using 'em for years.......in this scale you need all the whistles and bells you can get to add that touch of realism. Glad you like them.
Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I enjoyed this build Rick. Thanks for sharing. Good luck with all the Evilbay models. Should keep you out of trouble this winter

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Gents for following along. This is now posted in completed soft skins if you are curious as to how it finally turned out. Rick H.