1/87 scale 1944 Sherman tank company

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Now we're talking Paul. Back to the roots and lots of goodies in micro-scale. This group is looking great so far. I was wondering where you would store all the dio bases you've made. Laundry room sounds good and it would stay dry too....

Now, tell us.........Speeding tickets??? Cruising the streets in downtown Ohio has to be fun and fast, eh!!! Take care......

Prost
Allen

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks. Some are on shelves in the Mancave, some in the Mancave Annex (aka Mom Cave). No tickets yet. Trying to keep it under 4000RPM for the first 500mi. This is very hard (have exceeded a couple times), as it really wants to go.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in for this Paul, looks good already with out the dio.
Any chance of a photo of the new car ?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You poor soul.....I feel you and you gotta do the right thing, but I'm surprised that you don't already have the first 500 under your belt yet......

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks. Some are on shelves in the Mancave, some in the Mancave Annex (aka Mom Cave). No tickets yet. Trying to keep it under 4000RPM for the first 500mi. This is very hard (have exceeded a couple times), as it really wants to go.
A tennis ball under the gas peddle will stop you breaking it :smiling:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Decal session, usually before CITB additions. Clockwise from top left: LVT4, M4 trying out Mr Putty, four M4s from HQ Pltn., M3A3, & M4A3E8. Reg. #s are teeny tiny. C&Cs welcomed.
100_2894.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good looking bunch of armor Paul....should fit nicely in their respective settings. Rick H. :thumb2:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Have started taking the wife along. Much more effective than a tennis ball.
Your poor right ear, or is she in the trunk..... ;), Love the car....
By the way, more you than me with this scale, but looking forward to the finished item.
Mike.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Very cool indeed!!!

Almost makes my usual 1/72 look a bit oversized!!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely group of Shermans Paul, heard you put the dio out on the clothes line. The spin dry must have knocked off some trees. :smiling6:
Stop driving your sons car...can you see I'm envious already.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Richard. My sons are not car nuts like me. They appreciate them, but more as tools than thrill rides. Driving other than WOT is a courtesy to others:smiling5:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It would appear more the just a jeep.........I count seven trailers in that box and you have a jeep a track and a truck.......will the Shermans be towing the rest of the trailers? ;) Nice accumulation of "Force" Paul, are the sand bags made from putty? they turned out well.....noticed the recovery and dozer vehicle, will you be adding a Maintenance Section as well? Hope to see more on this soon. Keep up the good work! :thumb2:
Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks. These are meant to represent a company in an Inf. Div. attached Medium Tank Battalion. The admin./supply truck pulls the water trailer. The M32, track & jeep w/respective trailers are the Maint. Sect. The two HQ 105mm M4s tow their ammo trailers, & the two HQ M4s tow 76mm & 75mm ammo trailers. The painted sandbags are modeling clay. The unpainted are pewter aftermarket. Still unsure of keeping 76mm as AT pltn. or spreading them out among the three platoons. The two plows are one scratch & one aftermarket. Helpful for inf. support. They usually only had one 105M4 & most had no plows or Jumbos, but this unit has an exceptionally talented scrounger in admin.

Last edited: