1/87 Scale Bussing Nag 900 Isolierwagen and Trailer

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What a stroke of luck....The day after I finish my M.A.N. conversion, this pops up on the I-net. These huge cold storage or later refrigeration vans and trailers were employed by the Wehrmacht to transfer perishable fruits and veggies to the troops at the front. In my stash I happened to have 1 1/2 kits from Herpa of the Bussing 8000 single axle truck and van.
My thought is to use the left over trailer tandem axles to convert and lengthen the truck van into a tandem axle truck. with a few other minor mods this will become another classic WW2
conversion to add to the collection. Q&C's welcome. Rick H. (images are for ref. only)P1011389.JPGP1011390.JPGP1011392.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Count me in Rick,love these conversations you do .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great to have you along JR. I'll be doing a lot of cutting and fitting but will post the results once everything is sort of where it goes before gluing it together.
Might take a few days. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Mr. T, I Don't think Herpa were doing the refrigeration truck. I suspect that this is a post war freight or moving van rig. At any rate it's a starting point and I should have no trouble getting the side doors properly configured. Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome all, there's plenty of room.....JR is standing by to direct traffic. As I said earlier it may be a few days before I post anything substantial as I need to work out the correct dimensions and wheel base for this monster. Thanks again for stopping by, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi everyone, Sorry to be so slow on this but there was a little more to this than meets the eye when it came to piecing the frame back together.........the body shell being a little more straight forward, posed no problems and went according to plan. Hope you like the progress so far. Rick H.P1011403.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
A wee update.......after much sanding, stripping of paint and filling and then more sanding, I am at the point where I'm ready to locate the side doors that Mr. T mentioned in his post, earlier in the thread. Hope to get that done tomorrow. Rick H.P1011407.JPGP1011406.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Andy and Ralph, Now that the "Major Surgery" is over things should move at a little better pace. Thanks again for stopping by. Rick H.