1/87 Scale Bussing Nag 900 Isolierwagen and Trailer

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Rick (or late night there),

A fine job you are doing here Sir. The scribed doors look fantastic even without handles!!! I love the way you scratched this together and the results you achieve on something so small.

Now get down to the local True Value hardware store and get a can of Rustoleum for the roof rust and side rust by the doors.........

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen, just trying to do the photos justice......with so little information to go on, a lot of this is done by guess and by golly!:rolling:.
Rick H.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Scottie, once the side doors are completed I'll need to focus on getting the roof side trim on and also the hitch located for the trailer. Thank the gods I don't have to modify it also. After that it will be just a matter of adding the remaining detail parts and it's off to the paint booth. Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So far so good. The doors are finished except for a little clean up......hitch has been located and installed and I have one side of the roof trim on and drying. Side two will go on tomorrow after this one has set up. Starting to shape up, hope you like it. Rick H.P1011410.JPGP1011409.JPGP1011411.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Got the other piece of roof trim installed and located and installed the fuel tank. I'll post a couple pics. when I get started on the final detailing..........stay tuned. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is the final build update..........all small details are in place and the next thing will be the wet stuff. It might be a few days before I get to it,P1011413.JPGP1011414.JPGP1011415.JPGP1011416.JPGP1011417.JPG as we have relatives popping in for a few days visit from the fire ravaged state of Oregon. Cheers, Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SORRY im late on this one Rick but i have looked through an enjoyed the build an them side doors look spot on as i used to make the frames up for them side doors in the reffer vans when i was a welder at crane fruehuaf back in the 1970's an the handle's look spot on brings back memories for me as the side doors at the front when opened let a airflow through the van an blew out smelly fumes ps will the door's open at all ?
chris

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Just caught up with this Rick, been very busy of late (as always).
Love your work with these little devils, am watching ;)

Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jim, nice to know you are still out there. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi JR, glad you stopped by......hope to get some color on this soon. Will keep you posted.
Rick H.

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Certainly late for this great project. Had a great time reading through what you have done. Luvin it all so far

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Mr. Jones, good to have you along on this.......hopefully, next time you drop in I'll have some color on it. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Not much going on with this..........Tail lights on truck and trailer, license plates decaled, painted the hitch and washed the wheels and grill .....hope to get some washes and weathering on tomorrow and install glass and few remaining details. Rick H.P1011422.JPGP1011420.JPGP1011423.JPGP1011425.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
This one is done.........look for it in the completed soft skin section of the forum, if you're interested. Thanks to those who followed and looked in on this. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Chris, not sure yet where to go next.......perhaps something railroad related.......it seems to be the exciting topic at the moment......lol ! ;)
Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks Chris, not sure yet where to go next.......perhaps something railroad related.......it seems to be the exciting topic at the moment......lol ! ;)
Rick H.
WELL Rick i find everything exciting on here thats why im on here so much as i cant follow all the builds but you guys on this forum are very imagineitive one of the best goin i think
:thumb2: Chris