1/87 Scale Captured '41 Chevrolet 3 Ton Truck

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
There wasn't much to this build so I didn't bother to post a thread. It was built largely from left over parts from other projects. These trucks were used by several nations including Canada, Great Britain, the low countries and finally the Germans when the opportunity presented itself. No weathering as I am still unsure what setting it will be placed in. Rick H.P1011072.JPGP1011075.JPGP1011076.JPGP1011078.JPGP1011080.JPG

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see what you can achieve with a few leftovers. Did Chevrolet allow their lorries to be manufactured in other countries or were they all built in the USA and shipped out?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks good. Always surprised at just how good these tiny little models can look.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for looking in Steve, The Canadians are the only ones I'm sure of manufacturing this particular vehicle. But it would not surprise me if they were also made in the UK as I have seen some photos of this particular vehicle with rh. Steering.
Cheers, Rick H.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jim, I do like the challenge of attempting to make scale models from photos I find on the internet. Fortunately, the Germans seemed to never run out of options to employ captured enemy vehicles and thus supply me with many opportunities to scrounge up
anything that will work in the 1/87 scale model RxR market place. Thanks again for dropping by, Rick H.