1-87 Scale Citroen 15 "Six" Medical Sedan

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi everyone, this is more of an enhancement rather than a build. Just a matter of cleaning up some of the chunky details and adding a few of my own along the way. here is what I have done so far......P1011495.JPGP1011494.JPGP1011497.JPG

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The above photos show the lack of wind screen wipers, a chunky plastic web were the bumper brkts. are. I cut that out and filed the brackets to shape, drilled out the head lights for lenses. The steering wheel was a solid blob so I filleted the wheel off the blob, opened up the space between the wheel spokes and made a new steering column for the wheel assembly. cleaned up the rest of the blob off the floor boards and drivers seat front and did my best to restore the pleats to the edge of the seat. More to follow, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is a close up of the front bumper area showing the proper spacing between the bumper and brackets. also, this being a used model that I picked up for "El Cheapo" there was cracking to three out of 4 wheel/tire assemblies. filled with Mr. Surfacer and "shazam", it's ready for paint. More later, Rick H.P1011493.JPGP1011498.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Shazam? Well Golly Rick nice start. Somebody’s been watching too much Gomer Pyle USMC and Happy Days correctomundo

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Scottie. Needed something for the "Big Shots" to motor around in while the rest of the Med. Dept. take to the busses and lorries.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Product of my generation Lee......Gomer Pyle, McHale's Navy, Mash, Combat,.......the list goes on. Turn on the Tube now, all you get is a bunch of "Fluff" or Hate and Discontent. I prefer the "Happy Days". :cool: Coolio!

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. You are so right the wife loves Andy Griffith watches it all the time. I’m a Green Acres kinda guy myself. Do you have a pic of the 1.1 car so I can get a idea of what your building? Sorry I’m from Missouri you have to show me.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your a wizard at these upgrades Rick. I'll take a seat with my good friend Lee.

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Thanks John it’s hard to find good friends like You and Rick.

Rick. Just to let you know John was screened before seated for any Flammables and Combustible objects. All is good

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you JR, just squeeze in there between Lee and his Pig Arnold and we'll all be one happy family. Here is the only ref. photo I have of one of these Citroens presently, hope it helps Lee. Sorry about the poor quality...if I find a better one I'll post it up. Rick H.P1011499.JPG

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks this helps a lot I like all Ambulances of WWI and WWII never seen a Med. car I don’t think. I was very curious what they looked like.

Good night John

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
In this case Lee, it was a captured French Citroen.......... the best part about the Krauts is they used anything they got their hands on so there were a derth of Med. cars, trucks, buses, et al. from all over occupied Europe and not just in the Medical Corps. The variety is endless....This shot below illustrates what I mean....French Matford fuel truck, Dutch '36 Chev. transport, Norwegian '37 International Cargo truck, Belgian '36 Chev. transport and a French '39 GMC Cargo truck....Forerunner to our CCKW duece & a half.P1010729.JPG

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Thanks for posting those nice trucks I didn’t know they captured that ‘37 IH you did a good job on it. What color will this car be?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, well when this car was captured in France it was pretty early in the war.....schwarsegrau or Panzer Grey would have been the standard at that time......so grey it is. Soon as this dries completely I can get a clear coat on it and do some decaling. Rick H.P1011501.JPGP1011502.JPG