1/87 Scale Deutche Reichsbahn Kaelble ZG W2A 130

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I found this photo on a WWll website and just had to build it. The tractor was available from Kibri and the trailer is from Wiking. The elevator cap is all mine. Completely scratched based on about half a dozen photos on that site. (photos for discussion purposes only) Cheers, Rick H.P1010606.JPGP1010603.JPGP1010607.JPGP1010608.JPGP1010610.JPGP1010611.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you all, Paul, That's what I thought and then I wondered how it would be used. Scottie, our question was answered when I landed on this in a different thread on the same site. (photo for discussion purposes only). I'm not sure how tall the towers were but see the need for elevators.P1010612.JPG Cheers, Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The ones in Berlin were huge as the lower portion was a shelter. Had to be 10 or more stories. I'm sure there was a magazine on the lower floors as some of these towers had multiple guns of various caliber. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one Rick.:thumb2:
John.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right you are Paul, Calibers as big as 128 mm on twin mounts no less. I have been thinking about a dio along these lines but maybe just the top few floors and the gun pits. Lots of room for scratchery...Hmmmmm.
Thanks John, Always good to hear from you. Hope things are looking up for you and the family.

Cheers Rick H.

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Yeah, somebody makes that 128 zwilling in 1/87. A guy on a US 1/87 forum started a tower capped w/one of those and a lower ring of four 37mm guns. Don't know if he finished it. AT&T trashed my Yahoo acct. so never went back. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Paul, Thanks for the info I would like to acquire some of those 128s. Let me know if you come up with a source.
Thanks, Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ArsenalM offers 128mm Zwilling for 49.90 Euro. I think they offer a crew as well, but lang. barrier intervened. Just for yuks I looked at their 80t Culemeyer at 25.90 Euro & V2 Stoff-Anhanger for 26.90 Euro. Looks like you saved a bundle. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right you are Paul, Calibers as big as 128 mm on twin mounts no less. I have been thinking about a dio along these lines but maybe just the top few floors and the gun pits. Lots of room for scratchery...Hmmmmm.
Thanks John, Always good to hear from you. Hope things are looking up for you and the family.

Cheers Rick H.
Thanks Rick,. Much better thanks, he's out and at home with his dad .
John

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Luv to see something different Rick. A wonderful little build and I learnt something new which was great. Thanks for sharing

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for the kind remarks Steve. Always looking for new and unavailable things to build.
My greatest satisfaction comes in the problem solving steps that must be taken in order to complete a build with no parts or plans. Cheers, Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Rick,

Mine too. I see a picture and want to have a go at it. Most of the time you can find other pics, but no specs to build it. Then you just "Do It" and hope it passes muster. I just love this hobby!!! BTW, that Reichsbahn train is really well done Sir!!! Kudos to you...

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to and yours Buddy. See ya on the other side!!!

Prost und Ho, Ho, Ho!!!!!!
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Roger that Allen and right back at you, to you and yours as well!
I'm kleinen gross! Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick
That looks great! I used to love to build those heavy haul tow trailers Merry Christmas