1/87 Scale "Frankenseven" Halftrack

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You Mr. T. I have kept in mind your previous comments about the poor quality of these models and their track assemblies in particular. I'm hoping for a "silk purse out of a sow's ear".:thinking: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Small update, didn't get much done......other obligations got in the way. In the past I just glued a complete wheel and tire assembly on the back to represent a spare. However, these being a two piece wheel, the spares were typically carried without the center in place. Looks a little more convincing this way. Rick H.P1011266.JPG

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great job. Made me recount my 7s. Unfortunately my count was correct. I think the spare tire on the sdkfz 7 was behind a rear third door below the two upper doors that opened for access to the rear storage compartment. The sdkfz 6 however did have the spares mounted as shown. Your model & field expedience certainly makes this config. possible. Just a random thought before first cuppa. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's interesting Paul, I thought I saw one configed. like this in one of Reinhard Frank's booklets on German
Prime Movers.....will double ck an get back to you. Thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, I have a couple of van type trailers that I am currently finishing up to go with it. Should make quite an interesting "road train". Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Neil, still lots of detailing to do. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Tony and Fernando, I don't know about a show stopper but it has turned out well enough to meet my expectations. I'm really glad you like it. Stick around there's more to come. Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Simon, It's a shame they aren't more visible but at least I know they are as close as I could get them to the real deal. Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. The track work was very impressive thanks for sharing I might have to try it on a 1/72

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Lee, if you end up trying it let me know how you do it. I might be able to improve on my methods. Rick H.