1/87 Scale KV 1 just for fun

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
As everyone seems to be going KV nuts I thought I'd get my 2p in or 2 cents whatever. This kit is from KOMO, a330459330460330461 made in Russia model that was distributed by ROCO close to 20 years ago. don't know if they are currently available or not, managed to score 3 of these kits when they first appeared. They are obviously very toy like and will require some effort to bring them up to snuff.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I couldn't live with that stick they called a gun barrel so I turned one out of plastic tube. Also applied a little Mr. surface to the mantle to roughen it up a bit after filling the two enormous sink holes on either side. 330495

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Looking good Rick ;)

Are you building 1 or all 3 of your kits?
Keep posting, cheers
Steven

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Steven, I'm doing just this one to see how it goes. When I get back to the other two I'll probably do them both at the same time. Thanks for looking in, Rick H.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those tracks improve the lok of the model no end. I was looking at the earlier photos and thinking, it’s a bit of a shame to add all this detail only to have it let down by those tracks.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jakko, I would not have purchased these models years ago if my friend Paul Heiser (Lakewood Military Models) hadn't assured me he was in the process
then of turning out a set of resin replacements. Beauty is they are almost as saggy as I like them. Glad you stopped by. Cheers Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Rick,

Agree 100% with jakko on the addition of the resin tracks...has lifted the build so much, in line with all the other sweet touches you’ve made:cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning KV1 group :smiling2::smiling2:
Hi Rick, thought I would follow along, nice additions, liking those lifting eyes on the rear deck, very neat, much better than the ones I fired all over the place .
The tracks do make it , carry on , I shall enjoy this :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Comrade.
Dzhon

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Si, I could not have lived with the plastic tracks, probably would have tried some desperate measures to get them to sag. (might have involved fire) John, I have found these KOMO imports to be particularly lacking in the details department...that's what I get for trying to make models out of toys. Thank you both gents, for dropping by I shall try not to disappoint.
Cheers Mates, Rick H.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I bought a couple of his Tiger I upgrades. Very nice. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm with you on that. Took six years from the time he first mentioned them to me in conversation to final execution. Definitely worth the wait.
Rick H.