1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Airfield Water Bowser By Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Mr. Jones.....in spite of some small trials here and there it has been most enjoyable.
I'm currently wrapping up the last bits of detail and paint is just around the corner.....glad you like it so far.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Finally got the hose brackets made and installed..........the real challenge however, turned out to be the aluminum fitting on the hose end that coupled it to the valve......made that a total of 5 times, feeding the "Carpet Monster" 3 out of 5 and destroying the 4th during manufacture. Last item will be the fill valve and spout on the live end of the hose.....think I need a "Nap".
Rick HP1011734.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Nice updates that Hose reminded of the Red Worms I use to fish with it’s getting that time of year you know

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Well done on your perseverance, think that I'd have given up after the 3rd feeding!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nah Gerry, when you are working with something smaller than a BB you can expect a couple of "launches" off the end of your tweezers....I have had to adjust my attitude a little when working this small. Glad you stopped by and thanks for commenting.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, Those "Red worms" are some ugly critters but the fish love 'em. Thanks for dropping in Pard!.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Indeed they are!........thanks for stopping by Paul. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
OK. The fill spout and shutoff valve are secure and the hose is glued into its final position. I think that this is ready for paint. I'll probably wait till Thursday and shoot it while SWMBO is at the market....she doesn't like the noise of my compressor when it kicks on during my painting sessions. While studying the pics of the real vehicles, it appears to me that the convertible version (on the 1st page of this post) is painted in panzer grey, while the closed cab version is perhaps dunkelgelb. Does anyone else see it that way? Looking for thoughts, opinions, rumors......just wondering. Rick H.P1011738.JPG

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Paul, just haven't nipped it off yet......sort of got overlooked with all the other stuff going on. BTW did you see the shot of this crate on the first page? Don't know if the photo is washed out or if the vehicle is a light color or just really dusty.......Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
That's a great looking model. Must have been frustrating at times but I'm sure a nap helped :rolling: Looking forward to the paint.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks guys for the kind comments.......yes, paint flys today........will post progress later on.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Mike.....it's been a fun little build and I learned a couple of things along the way.