1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Airfield Water Bowser Completed

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great job Rick. Lovely finish on an exacting build.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

Simply brilliant.

Well done.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Ian, Gerry, Tim, Jim Nick and Andrew. As I said earlier in the build thread, I was pretty pumped up about building this, as it is so removed from the normal WW ll subjects that I build. I guess variety is the spice of life. :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul......Lots of dusty dry pigments and a few light washes before that really calmed down the Panzer Grey. A good technique and I will use it again as it has an aging effect that appeals to me. Glad you like it. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Richard.......not so loud, the others will hear! Don't want them in on our little secret. :tongue-out3: Thank you for dropping in. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Whats not to luv? Great work on lightening up the bowser. Lovely touch of colour with the brass handles. Great scratchery and terrific research. One to be proud of my friend

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Mr. Jones.....all credit to you as you presented the original........which I may still do if I can figure out the rivets......all 20,000 of 'em! Also, if you happen to land on other unusual subjects that you deem possible for me to render, feel free to "volunteer" them for my opinion. :thumb2: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Scottie and Bob, Thank you! It was just a lot of fun scrounging up the pieces and parts to build this little representation of the depicted vehicle. Sometimes I think that is the best part. Cheers, Rick H. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Yup the fun part is when you discover an everyday material looks and fits just right in the scale part you intend to scratch...I still haven't found a worm that would stay till for one of those ribbed hoses.:smiling5::tears-of-joy::tongue-out3:

Cheers,
Richard