1/87 Scale M.A.N. ML 4500 4.5 Ton Truck Completed

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. I think anyone who can get this kinda of results in this scale is a Master Modeler. Nice details and very clean work great job the tarp looks very convincing

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for the kind words Lee......I have Mr.T to thank for the tarp, as it was he who suggested the use of single ply tissue paper and liquid cement. Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Turned out well Rick :thumb2:

Comparing with the photo I would say you got pretty close but there is one thing I think I can see that is missing off the front end - would be an easy retro fit

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Simon, would that by any chance be the radiator cap? I already noticed it's absence and a remedy is in the works. If it is something else please feel free to enlighten me. Thanks for dropping in. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks gents, glad you like it. Still scratching my head and wondering how I managed to miss that all important detail! I shall have to add it to my build list so as not to forget it on the remaining four vehicles in the stash. Thanks again for looking in. Rick H.

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great build. Have you anything to compare its size to.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, l'm away from the bench for a few days. I'll post up a comparison photo when I return.
Rick H.

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
I thought it was MAN, not M.A.N. ?
My friend has a boat with MAN engines and it was noted people who have them get cross when beople think it’s an acronym rather than an abbreviation.
Who knew?

The model looks great by the way! Fabric tops always tough to look right but looks great.
T

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Toby, I have no doubt about it being an abbreviation..... As when spelled out fully the Germans wouldn't have been able to fit it all on the grille. Rather a lot of "alphabet soup" if you know what I mean.

Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Despite the cap it really is a double of the photo vehicle. One to be proud of my friend

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A real beauty Rick and you've hit the nail on the head here!!! Love the finish and the tarp too...

Now why couldn't you fit Maschinenfabrik Augsburg Nürnberg on the front of it. Ok, so it would have to be 4 lines instead of M.A.N as one...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Mr. Jones, The cap will be on for the next photo of that truck I post for Peej with a comparative object to show scale size. .....looking for where I placed my micro punches so I can knock one out . :thinking: Allen, I checked and couldn't find enough keys on my keyboard to write all that out. quite a mouthful when you verbalize it!:nerd:
Thanks for the kind words,
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one Rick .