1-87 Scale M.A.N. ML4500 4.5 Ton Truck

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Small update........had to relocate the cargo bed further forward, added a real tailpipe, removed the rear bed support and clipped out the cross brace so the bed wouldn't interfere with the rear fenders, removed the modern side vents on the hood and filled the rounded contours and enlarged the opening for the correct size louvers. Removed and filled fender mounted headlight brackets. That's it for now.
Rick H.P1011332.JPGP1011333.JPGP1011335.JPGP1011331.JPGP1011334.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Rick,

I just can't believe what you do in this scale as far as scratchy and such. The MAN is looking great and I hope you can still see straight too!!! It's a surprise to see how little the design changed over all these years............

Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen......yeah, I thought I had exhausted the supply of currently produced models that could be turned into WW2 German vehicles, but there you go. Those louvers were a PITA and I still have four more trucks in the stash Glad you stopped by Sir!
Rick H.

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Rick - if you are converting back to ww2 what year is the kit meant to represent?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
According to the box information it is a MAN 750 L. Not sure what year they were built but were Bundeswehr/NATO trucks. Definitely post war. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Rick I shall grab a seat please.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome JR, I'm afraid this won't last long........if I am able to get paint on it soon, I won't be finishing up the assembly till I return from my trip to Northern Minnesota........hope I don't get "mugged" by Antifa while motoring through Minneapolis LOL:rolling: . At any rate, I will definitely get another update or two before my departure on Tuesday. Thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice to see the refinements you are doing on this build Rick. Keep up the great work

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Steve, just a bit of light detailing left before splashing on a little color. Good of you to drop by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi All, I managed to get a couple items taken care of today......the shovel and pick have been located and installed, clamps and brackets from wine bottle foil.....and the clearance indicators from .015 brass with a dab of Elmer's on top. Hope you like. Rick H.P1011342.JPGP1011343.JPG

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks the part now Rick, very neat work with the brass rod.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thought I would get another update but have run out of time......so I'll catch you all up in a couple of weeks when I bounce back from Northern Minnesota. Take care and stay safe.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi everyone, back from the North woods and am easing back into the hobby......so here is a small update. Located the new wipers and under bed tool boxes, as well as a reconfiguration of the tail lights. This should be ready for paint as soon as I decide what to do with the cargo bed cover....the current one is way too modern looking.....hope you like this so far. Rick H.P1011345.JPGP1011347.JPGP1011348.JPGP1011346.JPG

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking good, I admire you guys that work small scale, I doubt if my eyesight could cope.

Andy.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I tried the wine bottle foil excuse with the Mrs to encourage her to buy me more bottles. Sadly it didnt work. I have shown her your blog to help my case but still no joy. You will just have to do more scratchery with the foil to help me bring her round to my way of thinking.

Stunning work all round my friend