1/87 scale Mercedes Benz Lo 4500 Rolling Chow Wagon

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, just wouldn't have been right without the crapintheback. Hi Pete, Yes there is precious little available in the way of small detail parts in 1-87. Jim, thanks for dropping by and commenting. There might be one more update before this goes to paint. JR, I'm looking for a suitable figure, if I locate one there will be a potato peeler. What army could get along without one. Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Steve, I'm glad you like it. Getting close to the wet stuff, I'll do a gray base coat and then spotty white winter camo to reflect a late winter early spring worn effect. I have only done this once before so bear with me. Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hello, This will probably be the last update before paint. Spent some time racking my brain on a functional door latch and came up with the following. Needs a bit of refining before I splash on some color. Rick H.P1011030.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That was the easy part Lee. Cut some coffee stir sticks to length, split them real small, glued them into a stack and stained them.
No wood burning stove should be without them:smiling5: LOL .
Rick H.
ps. I don't want to talk about the soup ladle and the chopping knife ugh!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Steve, just taking care of some last minute putty work, then off to the spray booth.
Cheers, Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry for lack of update, SWMBO has been ill with an upper respiratory infection for the past few months. I have been busy seeing to her needs, grocery shopping, trips to the Pharmacy and Hospital. She has turned the corner and is finally recovering, so no worry.
I'll be back to this project as soon as her lungs heal up fully. Cheers, Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking fwd to your return with this Rick .
I'm starving !

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations. I'm glad to hear she is over the worst of it. Looking forward to seeing the wet stuff soon.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
She has turned the corner and is finally recovering, so no worry.
That's good news. Just continue to take care of her and she'll be back to warming your slippers and stirring your coffee in no time :tongue-out3:
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for the kind words from all of you. She is improving daily, so it won't be long now.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wife all better, I make model now!:smiling5: Got the base coat of MM panzer gray shot, let it dry for 24 hrs. then white washed using Valejo model air white. My first time using water based paint but since it is winter cammo and the actual winter white was usually a water base I decided to make it authentic. Also, I was going for the faded, worn, winter is almost over look, so this was the best option. I really liked this, as I had the flexibility of sporadic application with a bit of sponge I super glued to a toothpick. Still have a bit of external weathering, tail lights to install and license plate decals to apply. Then its the interior detailing and painting. Still looking for a "Spud Peeler", any volunteers? Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick
Glad your wife is better your truck is looking very good keep it going