1/87 Scale "Pair of Aces" GAZ AA Ambulances

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I found a couple of photos on a WW2 History forum that showed the Germans using captured Russian GAZ AA panel trucks converted to ambulances. So out of the stash came these two Ford Model AA sedan deliveries. Quite a simple little conversion really.P1011219.JPGP1011220.JPGP1011221.JPGP1011222.JPGP1011223.JPGP1011224.JPGP1011225.JPGP1011226.JPGP1011227.JPG

Last edited:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a neat idea Rick, I'll sit with Steve at the now regulation 2 mtrs.
Due to this your going to need a lot more room to entertain all the Rabble.
Mines a strong coffee please.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you Mr. Jones. As for the coffee JR, I'm waiting for Lee to show up, he usually brings his pot with him.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
The color is on and while shooting grey I decided to include another little "Gem I found on the I-net. A Citroen Type 23. These were used extensively by the Wehrmacht after the fall of France. Many photos exist of these light trucks in service during the invasion of the Soviet Union. I'll start a separate thread when I get around to putting it together. Rick H.P1011235.JPG

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking nice Rick, still no coffee ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sorry JR looks like Lee's a no show so you'll be fending for yourself as I'm fresh out and can't get to the market...lock down you know.:smiling4:
Thanks for looking in.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick .If I'd have known that he wasn't coming I'd have brought the Yorkshire, are we to sit in a dry cave and suck pieces of wood ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Dude...you're climbing on the wrong culprit, let me see if there is any Tutley's left in the cupboard. Will that satisfy you?

• Haha
Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a chance these early low rev grunt engines were really dirty. Trucks look good though. Enough coffe for me? Black please. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul...coffee seems to be an issue here, I don't know what happened to Lee, might have to PM him, suspect he's out in the garden admiring mother nature. I remember seeing some of these AA types on the road when I was a kid, seems they always had a cloud of blue/grey smoke hanging about their hindquarters.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Ok I’m here with the coffee how’s McCafe like it or leave it.
Rick are you sure you have JR. here he’s been a little testy on his build thread but maybe nurse ratchet has settled him down he kind of looks that way now let’s get to your build. That is looking great and I can’t wait for the end results I like the way this is going.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Glad you could make it Lee, The Rabble were getting irritable without their coffee. Glad you like the build ,I'm trying to redouble my efforts at getting some of this stuff out of my stash that I have had for years. Just don't know where I will put these when they are completed. Need to build another display cabinet. Thanks for stopping by. Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Glad there settled so you can concentrate. In that size shelving shouldn’t be a very big issue care on

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rick very nice conversions, bet those red cross decals weren't easy on those side mouldings. Great job.