1/87 Scale Potato Peeler/Cook Trailer

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I was goofing around with this while waiting for decals to arrive for my Sanitatswagen so I thought I would post what I have got done so far. By the way, "the potato peeler" is a result of my Rolling Chow Wagon build. JR thought it would be good if I had one for that build. I didn't locate the figures I had in mind for that before I finished the build, so here he is in his own special Cook TrailerP1011206.JPGP1011207.JPGP1011208.JPGP1011203.JPGP1011202.JPGP1011204.JPGP1011205.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice interior, I once had those flat bags and crates on my old layout too : )
Looking good, I like the mess he made :thumb2:
Steven

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Still some finishing touches to put on this one, the shiny potatoes need some dulling down, but it gives you the general idea.
Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Mr. T. That white stuff in the bucket is supposed to represent peeled and cut up potatoes...not very convincing is it.:rolling:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Ah - wouldn't that be collecting the peelings, which is what it looked like to me, not the finished article?
When I peel spuds I don't put them in with the peelings anyway :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Rick,

This is really cool Buddy and definitely interesting too. I imagine trying to make a pot of peeled potatoes in 1/87 scale could be tough though......…..

Bleib Gesund
Allen

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Superb job in 1/87 Scale! But if I had that wagon I would probably turn it into a Circus Wagon looks very close to what the used a lot

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mr. T, I might have to work something out in the spud dept. to avoid further confusion...Jim and Allen, Thanks for the comments, I'm pleased you like it. Ralph, I couldn't agree more...Thought it looked like "Barf" after I painted it. Hi Peter, I hope to try some special effects lighting on the interior if I can remember where I stashed my mini bulbs...stay tuned. Lee, Glad you stopped by, actually this trailer was a construction site portable office. I built the "Belly Box" and upgraded the wheels to full scale duels and changed out the modern looking sliding windows. I'm still holding out for Preiser to come through with my order for their "Circus Caravans". They are still listed in the current catalogue so one day... Thank you all again for your comments and support, Rick H

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes, there was a little drama there, but finally sorted. I have had fun with this and do enjoy making up the small detail bits that add so much interest. All the while getting the best results possible under the watchful eye of Mr. T.:smiling4:
Not much left to do on this, stay tuned. Rick H.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Superb work rick , the taters look brilliant . I think he’s gonna need a bigger bucket though ! What did the poor guy do to get KP duty with a sack of spuds that size !?