1/87 Scale Romanian G-8-T Ford Captured

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I share your thoughts on resin. Things like tires & wheels can be perfect but grilles & fender details get all muddy & don't even get me started on interiors. Your beautiful tarps are beginning to be your brand along with the light lenses & finishes.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I'm honored......but I don't share your opinion Mr. Race. At best it's a mad attempt to create a passable example of an obscure vehicle in the Wehrmacht. But I thank you just the same, kind Sir. ;)

Andrew.......I am also using tissue paper, but it is not TP or Kleen-X. It is the type that you find in a shoe box or wrap a gift with. Much more durable and does not fall apart when wet. Thanks for the kind words.:thumb2: Rick H.
That's the stuff I use - although think I used the kleenex type on the chimney of my farmhouse for texture.....I seem to recall whilst the effect was ultimately very nice, it was a nightmare to work with as you say.....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I share your thoughts on resin. Things like tires & wheels can be perfect but grilles & fender details get all muddy & don't even get me started on interiors. Your beautiful tarps are beginning to be your brand along with the light lenses & finishes.
Good to hear I'm not alone on this Paul..........I got lucky with the tarp, trying a little different approach. If I can pull it off again at some point, in the future, then I might adopt it as a standard practice. Thanks for dropping in. Rick H.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Hi Lee, been fooling around with different ideas when it comes to tarps.....I have discovered I can get a more "relaxed" look to the canvas by first gluing it down to the supports and then brushing on the diluted glue and water to the material in between until it gets the right amount of "sag". Glad you like it and thanks for dropping by. Rick H.
Thanks for the advice Rick I’m going to try it