1/87 Scale USA WWII Tank Destroyer Company

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Afternoon Paul,

Now I only have 1 question, ok, maybe 2......Just how many 1/87 scale kits do you have total, built and/or unbuilt??? Must be in the thousands huh!!! You never fail to amaze us with your attention to the tiniest detail on these. Must be those dark chocolates I guess..........

Now I can't believe you finally cleaned out the garage and got the Vette going again. Have you gotten it to the other coast yet. Was it the fuel pump that was shot???......... Ok, 3 questions.......Hope all is well in downtown Ohio and the Camaro still runs smooth as silk my friend.....

Prost
Allen (Ret.)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tanx gents.
Dude1, Camaro is steadily providing many smiles per mile, thank you. #1 Never counted. #2 Yes. #3 The new (2000s) gasoline is tolal s..t. My fault I guess for not draining it, but it has ruined the fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator & in-line fuel pressure guage. Trying to replace all this with in-stock items has been a challenge as anything that is ordered is delivered "........whenever". Still working fuel leaks, but has started & ran badly due to too much fuel pressure. Sold to nephew & his dad (bro-in-law) is on his way from Washington State to pick it up. The pressure is on.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow, Things are still that bad in the states with getting parts? Sounds like time is running short. Wishing you all the best Paul...Now take off your shoes (and a week) and start counting Sir!!!...........Inquiring minds want to know how many 1/87's there are............

Allen

PS, hope bro-in-law drives real slow too...........

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dude1, hopefully he's not driving. He's a 'Beemer Freak'. They'll be in Salt Lake City tonight. I'll do a rough count. I work special tools for the Buick dealership I work at & the tools I have ordered are scheduled for early 2022 shipment. They are usually in stock for immediate shipping.

Last edited:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rough count of a little less than a thousand not counting figs. for those inquiring minds. The vette is on its' way to Washington State & both SWMBO's GMC & the Camaro are snuggly nestled in the garage.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rough count of a little less than a thousand not counting figs. for those inquiring minds.
Not bad!!!! Makes me feel a lot better!!! :smiling5:

Years ago in the Armourfast forum someone reckoned they had about 4000......

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andrew, more easily done if collected back in the 60s thru 80s as much less expensive back then.

Calling this one done. Med detachment usually at battalion level, but thought more appropriate for this engagement.
100_3000.JPG
100_3002.JPG
100_3001.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Andrew, more easily done if collected back in the 60s thru 80s as much less expensive back then.

Calling this one done. Med detachment usually at battalion level, but thought more appropriate for this engagement.
View attachment 436670
View attachment 436671
View attachment 436672
I'm with you Paul, I remember they ranged from .29 to .59 each with the occasional .69 or .79 on some of the larger pieces.....I was glad when Roco finally got the scale right and started producing some pretty accurate models.......didn't mind paying a little more for better quality. You have me beat....I'm at just over 900 not counting figs. Rick H.