1/9 Protar Ducati 916 racing.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very slow progress I am afraid as the decals I am working with just refuse to take so I am having to do them one at a time sticking them on with a pva/water mix. This means I can not handle the part until it dries completely in case I ruin the decal so I have started another build to do in between sessions with the bike but fear not it will be along shortly, I hope. ;)

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A bit of a test fit to see how it looks.
51183620103_94a32f2bc4_b.jpg
This model continues to fight against me, there are a set of decals for the white section of the tailpiece but they will not stick around the curves and the cut outs so I just masked it and painted it, looks OK but I will probably have a similar problem with the white part on the fairing front and if I have to paint that it will mean a lot of masking to cover the whole fairing to avoid any overspray. Talking of the fairing, that will be fun to fit as it is one piece and you have to spread the sides to slip it over the frame/ engine unit and then fit the forks afterwards.

Andy.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Look forward to seeing it with the fairing on,nearly.there mate,the hard works paying off nicely.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
For a kit that's giving so much grief, it's looking really good.

The original MHR Ducati's had a one piece fairing like that. Yes, the full-size ones!

Nick

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking really nice now ! Are you going to put race numbers on too?
There are no numbers with the kit and searching through my old decals I have nothing that will do and as my signwriting skills are none existant there will be no numbers on it.

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Fairing painted and I did get the front decal to take eventually. Not the best finish, I need to get more practise with Tamiya rattle cans.
51198496758_b116c92472_b.jpg
I will have a go at fitting the fairing tomorrow, something to look forward to. :anguished:

Andy.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well, I managed to wrestle the fairing on so by the end of the week this thing will be gone.
51199007757_da9a2831e5_b.jpg
Still a few bits to do, fit the screen and a few cables and the r/h side footrest/brake pedal assembly then it can go back to it's owner. If he is happy then I am happy, if he is not happy then I am still happy to be rid of the thing and I will never take on a build for someone else ever again mate or not!

Andy.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
With all the problems I would probably feel the same but it does look good now, your mate should love it.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You're doing yourself a disservice Mark, despite the problems you've encountered it appears to be an excellent result. I would be very proud of that Cat!