SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice work Steve, he's looking realistic. And suitably sunned.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That's really nice work Steve and thanks for posting those photos of the jeeps it's helped me out with mine although from seeing those you can really see how wrong dragon got this jeep , it's shocking really

B

Bunkerbarge

I've never had the courage to take on a large scale figure and I have the greatest respect for anyone who does. I think figure painting is one area of modelling that I have avoided despite me really enjoying looking at them.

You've done a great job on this one so far with some lovely blending and shading and some really good colouring. All credit to you for producing such a lovely model.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
That's really nice work Steve and thanks for posting those photos of the jeeps it's helped me out with mine although from seeing those you can really see how wrong dragon got this jeep , it's shocking really
No worries, even without any 'original actual vehicles left', plenty of rebuilds and tons of photos to check against !

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I've never had the courage to take on a large scale figure and I have the greatest respect for anyone who does. I think figure painting is one area of modelling that I have avoided despite me really enjoying looking at them.
You've done a great job on this one so far with some lovely blending and shading and some really good colouring. All credit to you for producing such a lovely model.
Thanks very much, 1st big figure i have done, so very happy with the results so far, onto the body next.

N

noble

Do you know what I really admire you figure painters, this is just a black art to me I really like this fantastic work.

scott

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Do you know what I really admire you figure painters, this is just a black art to me I really like this fantastic work.
scott
That's very kind of you, but I wouldn't class myself as a figure painter, just fancied trying something different and were a bargain on eBay.

Overwhelmed with the nice comments, cheers all

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb work Steve, really like this. I make about 2 good figures out of every 20 I do, just cannot get to grips with them.

Si:smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Now there's one helluva group of men!
Dishevelled and improperly dressed....nothing will ever come of it :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
No worries, even without any 'original actual vehicles left', plenty of rebuilds and tons of photos to check against !
I found loads of photos but the ones you post were what I wanted :smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
I found loads of photos but the ones you post were what I wanted :smiling3:
Sorry, reading back looks like I was going at you, what I meant was model manufacturers should be able to do better