101st Airborne 1944.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all,
Next up for me is a 101st Airborne figure by Young Miniatures.... it’s been in the stash for quite a while and whilst being a lovely figure I’ve always been put off by the fact that there’s so much detail to it... with my recent flurry of activity the stash is depleted so now is as good a time as ever. I suspect this will take me quite a while to complete so please bear with me.
So far just the helmet and eyes done ....and already I need a break! ( ....and sorry..yes, I have been using my thumb nail as a palette again! )
8BFC4266-A245-4841-A673-CD69E39D0D82.jpeg
C58DEBBE-E3FB-4E25-BAAB-219EAD50546A.jpeg
there’s too much pink in the corner of the eyes at the moment but I will sort that out...
Thanks for looking in!
Jason

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic eyes. I must admit to noticing the misplaced highlight.....but now they are magnificent! The pink in the corners is not excessive. It just makes him look tired and stressed....which suits his expression well. Oh, and the helmet is excellent as well.....

D

Deleted member 6559

Oh yes! Fantastic work already Jason. Really looking forward to this.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Seat front and centre please Jason. Is it a random jumper from the 101st or modelled on one the guys from Band of Brother's??

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Seat front and centre please Jason. Is it a random jumper from the 101st or modelled on one the guys from Band of Brother's??
Welcome aboard....might be a long trip!...I don't think its a Band of Bothers Character I can't quite place the face from the box art ... looks a bit of a youngster... not sure how it will pan out yet?

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Cheers Neil.... Ive been meaning to ask you... is your profile picture a relative... my daughter asked when looking over my shoulder at the screen "Why do you all have pictures of your grandads?"... as in my case?
Thanks
Jason.

D

Deleted member 6559

Brilliant job Jason - you certainly are on a roll.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Hi all... bit of a slow weekend in terms of progress .... maybe I’m slipping back into tortoise mood!
I did spend a lot of time deciding on the correct shade for the jump jacket and finally opted for a lighter green rather than a khaki as there seems to be examples of each and every shade all over the internet!
i also need to weather the Airborne badge as it’s much too bright at the moment but hopefully I will get more done during the week...
CFAA3AAF-BD99-451A-8687-09B21DE55CA8.jpeg
742A2178-4B69-4AAA-99C8-AC4BBFA46B73.jpeg
So that’s it for now... Thanks for looking in...
Jason

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Cheers Neil.... Ive been meaning to ask you... is your profile picture a relative... my daughter asked when looking over my shoulder at the screen "Why do you all have pictures of your grandads?"... as in my case?
Thanks
Jason.
Spot on , Jason.
Yes it's my Grandad who served in the Royal Navy as a gunner from 1902-Feb1914, aboard HMS Invincible, among others.
He then joined the Royal Garrison Artillery,131 Heavy Battery, rising to the dizzy heights of Bombadier rank, and served at the Somme and Cambrai, firing 6" Howitzers .
He survived the Great War but died shortly before I was born.
He was bit of a lad, apparently!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding paint work Jason. The tonal work on the face is beautiful. We are spoilt on this forum with the quality of work all you figure painters share with us. It's wonderful to see

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
More fantastic stuff Jason.
The shoulder patch????? I'm trying to convince myself it's a decal.
Jon.

Jason Crausby

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jason
Thanks everyone... I have to admit to being very flattered by your responses to the job so far... it’s really encouraging so thanks very much....
Having said that I haven’t got that much done today other than the life jacket ( it’s painted Matt at the moment does anybody know if it should have a slight sheen to it???)...and some work on the reserve parachute pack....it’s just dry fitted below... I couldn’t resist having a go at the knife although I think it may be covered up on the final fix.
5A7F55EE-6721-4FCD-9054-B7F3A69A3A50.jpeg
BD38F51B-E047-45E9-A67A-C4C33569E135.jpeg
Anyway once again.... thanks for looking in!
Jason