101st Airborne WWII (Young miniatures 1/10 )

R

RichardMo

thank you John for the nice words. may buy this one again and do a regular face next time.
Rick

R

RichardMo

thanks Peter.
I'm not sold on the face but I will leave it and Mark it up as a lesson learned .
Rick

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Lovely job Rick. I like the cam cream look a lot.The only problem with it is that the face is such a lovely sculpt it seems a shame to cover it up!
Jon.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
I like that a lot. Beautifully painted and the blackout face works although I can understand why you would want to paint it with a normal face.
Jim

R

RichardMo

thank you SWR for your kind words. it was a joy to paint.

Jon.
I really didn't want to do the black face but after messing up the real face I decided to try the blackout face before I re washed and repainted.I got alot of positive feedback on it I thought I just might keep it that way(even though I'm not sold on it).
Jim
it is a great face with alot to work with and I already ordered another one just like it to do it in it's original form.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JR
R

RichardMo

thank you John. I was not happy with the face so I decided to just try again at the face. this time I reached out to Peter Day and he gave me some real good advise so I took it and the end results are to my liking . big thank you Peter. I did in the process of removing the head broke the chinstraps and airborne straps so I took my last bit of lead foil and made some. I then finished the base and added an airborne emblem. so i'm finally once and for all calling this one done. Sorry for the bad pictures

RICK.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 6559

Looking great Rick. I liked the blackened face, but if you weren't happy with it, then it's your call. Glad my very humble input helped.