"109 destroyed.....And confirmed by a farmer - Out!"

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry boys.
The pictures were there before the server change over.
I've put them back on now.
I apologize for those who have seen them previously.

So read the flight log of Sqn. Ldr. R. Suppards DSO, DFC and Bar.
He shot down the Me109 on August 12 1940.
The crashed German pilot was arrested by a farmer and handed over to the Home Guard, who promptly marched him to the nearest boozer and bought him a pint to calm his shattered nerves!

A farm worker luckily had his Brownie 127 camera with him and took photos of the victor flying over his victim's aircraft. The coloured ones were specially done at the time by the newspaper printers.
The two from above shots were taken by Suppard's wing man!

No superimposing or photoshop nonsense used....It's levitational magic!

P1220691.JPG

P1220689.JPG

P1220687.JPG

P1220685.JPG

P1220683.JPG

P1220684.JPG

P1220675.JPG

P1220673.JPG

P1220678.JPG

This bit of fun was the reason I couldn't completely finish the Hurricane for Peter's G.B.

I can now do so....Off I go and add the undercarriage and prop.

Thanks for looking.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
Now I can finally complete the build as per Pete and Pete's G.B.

Cheers.
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry Ross. Posts crossed.
Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

Ron

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Look 570 all this levitational magic stuff has caused the photos to go awol ..

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry all, the pictures were there before the forum change over. I have re- installed them.

Apologies to those who have seen them before.

Ron

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hopelessly inaccurate. The Brownie 127 wasn't introduced until 1952. Please try to do better in future. :tongue-out3:

Seriously though Ron, those photos are great, as is the Hurricane!
Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.

Hopelessly inaccurate. The Brownie 127 wasn't introduced until 1952. Please try to do better in future. :tongue-out3:
Pete
Peter - The prototype Brownie 127 was first used in secret in August 1940. It was entrusted to the farm worker mentioned in this thread because obviously in the event of a successful invasion by the Germans, the last place they would think to look for this revolutionary camera would be in this gentleman's pocket.
Once he had given the Brownie a good test and reported his findings and how it could be improved, the camera was taken to a deep cave in Snowdonia N. Wales, where it was wrapped in tarred paper and hidden. As is true with all things Government, the location of the camera was mislaid, only to be found in 1952 by a group of Boy Scouts exploring the cave's interior.
It was returned to the M.O.D. and sent to Kodak for production. The Scouts were awarded with brand new woggles.

The farmer labourer went on to be a high ranking Executive of Sony because in secret he made a far better camera from the one he was given way back in 1940 and shared his ideas with them - For a price or a seat on the Board.

....so there!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Excellent work as usual Ron. One slight point though. The victor flying over his victim? How did he shoot him down if the red gun cover tape hasn't been damaged? Mind bullets? lol

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers boys....

How did he shoot him down if the red gun cover tape hasn't been damaged? Mind bullets? lol
Luckily I don't need an imaginative answer. Take a look at the pictures. You will see the cover tapes have four holes in each....Phew!