10mm France 1940

C

Cameronian

Dragoon battalion recon squadron. 10mm Pendraken models, AMR 33 and 35.
wHmboMp.jpg

An ongoing project to depict a French Division Légère Mécanique of 1940. One more unit to finish it. The Germans are slowly catching up!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice work, would be worth putting an object of known size in one of the images because I’m sure most people won’t know how small this stuff is....

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Nice work, would be worth putting an object of known size in one of the images because I’m sure most people won’t know how small this stuff is....
Yes,George, I was wondering exactly WHAT is 10mm myself?
Welcome to the Forum, by the way
Neil

C

Cameronian

Haven't got anything handy, so this'll do meantime:

KwPHNp6.jpg

The building is 20mm scale and the hexes 100mm AF. Left to right, 10mm, 1/72, 28mm, 25mm and finally 15mm

• Wow
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant George.
The hexes size give a good idea to the size of the models.
John.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Kallistra hexes? They look good, as do the figures. Are the 10mm and 20mm based on coins?
I game a little, by the way, mostly 20mm WW2 and 28mm, though I have others....I’m currently building up a 28mm Sudan collection using Perry figures. Some are posted on here somewhere if you want to have a look. My Avatar is an example, it is a 28mm Samwise Gamgees done as a gift for a good friend who is a LOTR nut.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
PS, for Neil, 10mm is the height of the figures, so they are about 1/180 in scale.

C

Cameronian

Small is beautiful!

@Tim Yes Kallistra hexes. I assembled some forces for WW2 in 1/72, each about twelve units strong. I then got interested in larger formations but my mean streak wouldn't stretch to 28mm prices. hence 10mm. The intention was to only use vehicles to avoid having to paint lots of figures. That didn't work out as empty personnel carriers looked daft and artillery pieces without crew., so:

ICM1JnB.jpg

The small round bases are mdf and are simply marker command bases with the 'fighting' elements based conventionally.