• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Super progress on the Italian Camo.
It really is striking against the "normal" German camo patterns, which are all so intricate, by comparison.
As for TV and "surfing" I am definitely swimming against the tide LOL.
Men multi-tasking is a receipe for disaster, true, but watching current quality TV is surely not a task but a burden?
Very foggy here and my knee wound is burning.
Tomorrow looks like the Dr's and Curry's PC World.
Will you finish painting today?
Then add to the cavalry base?
Have a good day with the paints
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie, Jim and Rick - Thanks very much for looking in.

Steve - Morning. Yes, trying to find something decent to watch on TV is a nightmare. Even the science and history programmes are presented by ex-Blue Peter presenters and aimed at those with the intellect of a flea. Cold bright and sunny here - a trip to Herne Bay in the offing so will wrap up and try to persuade the dog not to go swimming.

Sorry to hear that the knee is still painful. Hopefully time will improve things.

Just the legs and gun to do on the figure now. I have an old base to sit him on which I;ll use instead of putting him with the previous figures - not 100% about the quality of those.

D

Deleted member 6559

Here we go then:

100_3682.JPG100_3684.JPG100_3685.JPG100_3686.JPG100_3688.JPG

The last session included the painting of the legs, painting and adding the gun and left hand, and plonking the whole thing on a base. This didn't really come together for me until I got the legs done, when I was able to do a bit of proper painting that lifted the whole thing.

The gun was first painted with matt black, then rubbed over with graphite with my little finger. The details were then drawn in in with black, then the highlights picked out with brighter gunmetal tones. The strap was made from paper with a buckle made from wire.

The base is a Verlinden one to which I've added static grass tufts, garden roots and birch seed leaves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
One of your best Peter. Great scratch wok on the rear billy can. A fantastic place to put the potato masher as well. You must be very pleased sir. Top work:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much Steve. The mess tin is a standard Verlinden example and the boot came with the space for the grenade, so I can't claim those.

I am pleased with the way it's turned out, especially as it's such a mish-mash of parts. - he seems to have turned out more animated than I was expecting. I still think my painting has a long way to go though - very clumsy in some areas despite attempts at correction.

D

Deleted member 6559

I did a little bit more work on this last night, mainly softening some of the shadows and adjusting the buckle of the sling, which I'd put on the wrong way round:

100_3706.JPG100_3708.JPG100_3709.JPG100_3711.JPG100_3713.JPG

I'll leave it alone now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Very nice indeed. One of your best.
I still think my painting has a long way to go though - very clumsy in some areas despite attempts at correction.
Oh I wish I was as clumsy :smiling5:
Jim

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic,brush work,Peter,always great work,:smiling:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Well done, super finish, even more so as it is a mish mash if bits.
Posting on my mobile is not easy and not my preferred choice!
The laptop is dead, long live the new laptop from next Monday!
Data transfer, backup boot stick need time to do, and I can't drive yet.
So I'll collect her after physio.
A hard frost this morning after the super & blood moon, which we just caught yesterday morning.
What next, more camo, a bust, perhaps a toon for the GB starting 1st February?
Whatever it is, I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Have a good day with the build.
Regards
Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Monica - Many thanks.

Steve - Cheers. I'm working on a bust for Peter at Sarnia. Should be finished by tomorrow, then it's off to my daughter's and some babysitting for the next few days. In the meantime, I'm going to order some 1/35 armour and have another go. Cold, rain, no frost here.

Hope you get a new PC sorted soon.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Almost missed this one. Nice job, especially like the cammo and the mes tin.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Peter

I intend to have another rummage in the spares box to see if I can come up with another hybrid figure.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I’m with Steve J another masterpiece great work as usual