120mm US Special Forces Vietnam

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ve not tried MR James, must get some....
There’s a challenge for you by the way....find a good Frankenstein bust or figure and paint that! Would be a nice change of pace, with some different problems to solve?

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - Many thanks. Don't stay away too long.

Tim - There do seem to be some Boris Karloff style Frankenstein's monster busts out there. It's certainly an idea.....

A late start today, so only three bits of equipment done:

100_8972.JPG100_8974.JPG

The water bottle pouch at the front is square in shape as he's using it to carry his M16 magazines.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Peter you are making a splendid work.... your figure looks like a green beret that is on training... very well done...LOVE IT...

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Greg. I will dirty him up a bit at the end of the build.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Andy. I'm trying to vary the greens to indicate different stages of wear.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, the painting is superb as always. Good thing the back pouch has hidden the odd look of his pants which initially looked like it was worn very low like the present day hommies who like wearing their denims half way down their briefs.:smiling6:...Yo Bro...

Cheers,
Richard

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Nice work again even if it slowly, slowly.

The water bottle cover with M16 magazines is a great touch of improvisation.

Looks like the light could be in short supply this week, but it will keep the boss happy.

Have a good day withe remaining equipment

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - I hadn't noticed that, and I think the effect was more to do with the lighting in the photos to be honest. Glad you like the painting.

Steve - Should have more bench time today - delayed yesterday because of a visit from the chap who is renovating our kitchen conservatory (my work space) to choose roof tiles. I'm going to try and get this finished today, with the boss's permission. She's in major sort-out mode at the moment, clearing the clutter in the bedrooms ready for Christmas trips to the tip etc etc..

• Wow
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Thanks for that bit of solidarity.

Jim - Many thanks.

He's finished:

100_8978.JPG100_8977.JPG100_8982.JPG

The rest of the equipment, hands and gun added today. I used decals for the grenade and name tags - I know the tags are the non-combat version, but I didn't have any of the combat type, and being incapable of painting lettering at that scale, they'll have to do. The bamboo is by Reality in Scale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Fantastic job. The bamboo sets him off perfectly..

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done Peter as always.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks very much chaps. This was very enjoyable to do.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking tops Peter! You just get better and better for sure. Did you leave out some headgear for a reason??? Just wondering. I love the Reality in Scale stuff myself and Olaf is a really cool person too.....

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Many thanks. The bamboo hopefully adds another dimension to the piece.

Jim - Many thanks.

Allen - Cheers m'dear. I didn't even think of headgear, as I liked the hairdo too much. Special forces would have worn berets or caps mostly and anyway, there are plenty of photos of them hatless. Reality in Scale stuff is great.