Jon
Excellent.And very very tiny.
Bring on the horses and caissons!
Jon.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice work George. What's the story behind the colour of the cannon? Was it painted in a unit colour or was it a country colour?? ie French cannon in green, British cannon in red etc etc

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice job. Very crisp for 18s.....what make are the figures?
To answer Steve, cannon colours are related to the owning country.....Green is Russia, Brits were blue grey, French were Olive Green, Austrian was mustard yellow etc.....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant work .

C

Cameronian

Comments very much appreciated chaps.

The figures are from AB, their anatomical proportions are better than most at this scale (no big heads or hands).

A pic I couldn't get to load the first time round:

ZVtGie6.jpg

The guns are interesting. Type unique to Russia, known as a Unicorn (Licorne in French), they fired howitzer ammunition as well as that for cannons with smilar ranges to cannons. The ones depicted here are 10 pdrs. Horse batteries deployed six of these and six 6 pdr cannons with the unicorns on the flanks of the battery. Heavy foot batteries used 20 pdr unicorns.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
They are nice sculpts. Are they from the old battle honours range or the new AB range? I remember doing some Polly Oliver 15mm ACW from the same sculptor many years ago, and they were lovely as well. I think they are now sold under the AB banner. How good were the castings?

C

Cameronian

They are nice sculpts. Are they from the old battle honours range or the new AB range? I remember doing some Polly Oliver 15mm ACW from the same sculptor many years ago, and they were lovely as well. I think they are now sold under the AB banner. How good were the castings?
No idea of ranges, not a maker I've used much; this time as they were the only offerings for these. Castings very good, little flash and few mould lines. AB themselves are Australian but are sold in the UK through Fighting15s. An anomaly is that AB list Napoleonics as 18mm, whereas F15s list them as 15mm, the figures are 18mm soles of feet to top of head.