1955 Chevy nomad

R

Rob1

Wife, kids and grand kids left early this morning' gone to a Victorian extravaganza I am grounded with yet another sprained ankle........honest ;)

So here she is completed I really hope you like her oh and in the last pic you will notice another bare shell when I bought this one the seller had another identical kit which was incomplete and included it free of charge I have just realized between the two boxes I could make another but not an estate (station wagon) as there is no clear parts except for the windscreen so I have purchased some sheet styrene and I am thinking chevy pick up what do you think?

Cheers Rob

View attachment 81749

View attachment 81750

View attachment 81751

View attachment 81752

View attachment 81753

View attachment 81754

View attachment 81755

View attachment 81756

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1090.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1095.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

D

dubster72

That's excellent Rob, the paintwork is indistinguishable from a real car!

# Chev brakes are snarling # ;)

This has given me inspiration to try a civilian car

Cheers

Patrick

J

John Huggins

Outstanding build Rob, love the spray job & all over finish.

John

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Rob, love that paint work and colour choice.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Very nice Rob, well done mate...how's the ankle? :oops::rolleyes:

Lee :smiling3:

R

Rob1

\ said:
Very nice Rob, well done mate...how's the ankle? :oops::rolleyes:Lee :smiling3:
What? o_O ............................OH yes thats a bit better today thanks ;)

S

Stevekir

I like the photography (the real background and the gravel surface). Very effective in showing off the model. I must try this sometime. I discovered this technique last year:

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/10/forced-perspective-model-car-photos/

R

Rob1

\ said:
I like the photography (the real background and the gravel surface). Very effective in showing off the model. I must try this sometime. I discovered this technique last year:http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2013/10/forced-perspective-model-car-photos/
It is because of your post 'is this really a model' that I give this a try :smiling3:

WOW thanks for sharing that link steve I must say I am genuinely inspired by it, as mine was just bodged with an I phone in the garden on top of the box that houses the electrics for the pond my daughter showed me that if you point the phone at the object you want to capture and tap the screen a square appears get the object in the square and it automatically focuses on it and by default obscures the surroundings.

Rob.