Paul
where did you get that?

made at Ivhevsk for Iraq

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Paul - I can see the factory mark but how do you know it was made specifically for export to Iraq?

I bought it from a dealer at Beltring military vehicle show about 20+ yr ago. Proof cert. just states Russia 1969

There were stacks of Chinese copies, brand new, still in wax paper and crated but I went for this oldie instead

E

Evan James

Looks like your ready for the zombie apocalypse...
ev

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Paul - I can see the factory mark but how do you know it was made specifically for export to Iraq?

I bought it from a dealer at Beltring military vehicle show about 20+ yr ago. Proof cert. just states Russia 1969

There were stacks of Chinese copies, brand new, still in wax paper and crated but I went for this oldie instead

left hand side of the reciever, where it says 1969............the arrow in a triangle is the factory mark for Ivhesek ..........the triangle with a squiggle and dot is the mark for Iraq

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Got it Paul - thanks for the extra info. I always just thought it was a standard Russian issue

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this sort of thing fascinates me

i once had a Walther PP......i dated it to 1968 and manufactured and proofed at the Ulm plant

had a lovely Mauser 22LR 'training rifle' which was a great shooter, never did manage to date it accuratly, just knew it was just post war as it had no Waffenamt marks....dont make them like that any more

if you are into this sort of thing look up Forgottonweopons.com or his youtube channel