1970`s Hong Kong Moon Explorer ( My latest "save" from scrapheap)

A

Athro

I found this sad broken Astronaut on ebay and bought him very cheap for my next repair project

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 7
A

Athro

So this is what I managed to do just by using scraps of card, paint, 2 halves of a small plastic bottle for feet ,some plastic tokens for knee joints covered in thin card to form a tube effect ,UHU glue- created the cover for the battery pack 2 legs and 2 feet with 4 wheels.
He is now ready to go back in to space I think :smiling3:
Regards

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Legs.JPG
    Legs.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Tank.JPG
    Tank.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 11

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Looks more like a mobile one armed bandit with those reels on his chest!:smiling3:

What with this and Charles' renovated Volvo digger, I wonder if anyone would be interested in some sort of group build. The idea being a sort of 'pimp my toy' build. Not necessarily to restore it to it's original state but to end up with something worth displaying on a shelf.

Any takers?

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Not a bad idea Gern. Could always use some bits from the spares box to pump 'em up with.

A

Athro

So this is what I managed to do just by using scraps of card, paint, 2 halves of a small plastic bottle for feet ,some plastic tokens for knee joints covered in thin card to form a tube effect ,UHU glue- created the cover for the battery pack 2 legs and 2 feet with 4 wheels.
He is now ready to go back in to space I think :smiling3:
Regards
Looks more like a mobile one armed bandit with those reels on his chest!:smiling3:

What with this and Charles' renovated Volvo digger, I wonder if anyone would be interested in some sort of group build. The idea being a sort of 'pimp my toy' build. Not necessarily to restore it to it's original state but to end up with something worth displaying on a shelf.

Any takers?

Any takers?

Any takers?
Yes he does, however those doors were made for the original model and I wanted to keep the Robot as "original" as I could