1977 Dodge Monaco NYPD

W

Waffen Bucks

And so it is done.

In the end, the body fit was shocking. No amount of hot water and bending would make certain parts fit (bonnet). I know this mould has been in circulation for well over 20 years as my brother made this kit back in 1992 just after Batman (Keaton) came out. And although the box was a newer version, I think the kit was from the early 90's...lots of warped bits, flash as far as my scalpel could see and various bits that weren't included on the instruction sheet.

Think I may give my other AMT models a rest and try out my Revell U-Boat instead.

View attachment 90245

View attachment 90246

View attachment 90247

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like this, the paintwork colour is sublime and the extra details inside lift this build. As for the fit, it doesn't look too bad and to be honest, fits in with the awful 1970's American fit on actual vehicles.

Nice work Andrew, like this.

Si:smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Despite the fitting issues you have had I think it looks awesome well done cheers John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great result Andrew from an old clunker of a kit, it looks spot on , just like a well used cop car , cheers tony

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Looks Great Andrew, Nice to see that you've made a dog of kit a gem!

Cheers,Ben

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice build ever with the trouble with the bonnet,a great build, and do like the color,well done ;)

S

steve scan

Love this Andrew, as a fan of North American police cars this one has always been one of my favourites wish someone would do a modern kit of it, you have done an excellent job of this.

S

Saj

That looks fantastic. Can't see any fit issues here. As i've said before love the box of doughnuts and coffee. Great build mate!

D

Deleted member 3568

Superb build look like it fell together on problems at all testament to your skills, loving the details, truly awesome build