1989 Batmobile

T

TheCat30

I did lots of research to try to build this kit as accurately as possible. The main thing to get correct was the body color. The correct black is Semi-Gloss Black. Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black was perfect.

Model Kit: AMT/Ertl Kit # 6877

Scale: 1:25

Model Box

Movie Poster

F

Fenlander

Most impressive, no one could say you limit the genre you work in could they lol. Impressive as usual. Is that a real black or isit a very dark grey?

B

Bunkerbarge

I think this is the best incarnation of all the Batmobiles and the model has come out very nicely. I agree the semi-gloss black looks the part and you've got a lovely finish on it. It would be interesting to have it alongside a model of the last Batmobile to compare the two, that would make a great model as well.

T

TheCat30

\ said:
Most impressive, no one could say you limit the genre you work in could they lol. Impressive as usual. Is that a real black or isit a very dark grey?
Yup, It's a real black. The lighting position sometimes looks like dark gray, but it's true black.

T

TheCat30

\ said:
I think this is the best incarnation of all the Batmobiles and the model has come out very nicely. I agree the semi-gloss black looks the part and you've got a lovely finish on it. It would be interesting to have it alongside a model of the last Batmobile to compare the two, that would make a great model as well.
I agree. I wish they made a 1:24/25 scale plastic model of the new Batmobile.

B

backonthecase

Probably the darkest most sinister of all Batmobiles, and you have done it justice mate!

Triple word Score!

Stuart

M

m1ks

That's a very nice and cleam model, keep them coming, you do some very nice stuff indeed.

It'd be nice to have a display rack of all the variations from TV through the movie ones.

Have to say i like the original Batmobile, (Adam West / Burt Ward), there's something amusingly camp about the whole thing and the fact it's supposed to be jet turbine powered when it's clearly some US 50's / 60's car with bolt on's, it makes me smile when I see it but then that's probably becuase Batman the TV series was a big part of my childhood, when you had three TV channels and not much worth watching as a kid this was the highlight of the week.

As good as variety is it's a shame in a way that we have so much TV now for kids as they just don't get oudoors and enjoy playing out there enough, and don't even get me started on games consoles.

I remember reading somewhere recently about a US company that will make you an original batmobile based around the car it was modelled on, (i forget what it was), for something crazy like 250,000 dollars

First Name
Drew
That is AMAZING! I never knew that model even existed.

As a huge Batman fan I now have to have one of these (I also recently missed out on a model kit of the original Adam West Batmobile on ebay).

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Nice work Felix, i'm a fan of the Batman movies and would love this in my collection.

Have fun, John