2 more complete

L

lawrencec

Here are my lightning and vulcan both are 1:72 and ootb these were the last ones i painted with a brush and both were done with acylics as i made the shift from enamels (young son so dont want nasty chemicals around) The vulcan as with my viggen will be stripped down and have the full monty of resin and etch when i have time ,enjoy the pictures and comment as you like , i have around another 20 completed kits which i can put on if you want too see them just let me know (i am trying to get them in the order they were built) many thanks from a wet and windy warwickshire

Lawrence:cold2:

View attachment 35557 This is the revell kit and one of my 1st attempts at rescibing.The panel lines were done with a thin wash of acrylic black , a mistake i wont ever repeat!!!!

View attachment 35558

View attachment 35559

View attachment 35560 This one is the Airfix kit and is really big ,again rescribed (not very well) but i used a tamiya p cutter on this which was a big improvement . Really bad crazing of the paint on this which is one of the reasons for a rework when time permits.

View attachment 35561

View attachment 35562

also any comments on improving the quality of the pictures would be much appreciated.

View attachment 40011

View attachment 40012

View attachment 40013

View attachment 40014

View attachment 40015

View attachment 40016

133.jpg

134.jpg

135.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Love the vulcan looks a nice kit :smiling3:

I had the same issues with acrylic paint the crazed effect, i found this with the paints that come with airfix kits they don't like being thinned too much.

Well the vulcan kit looks to be another on the wishlist :D

Keep up the good work!

T

treyzx10r

Great looking builds as far as photos go you might try a lighter background

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nicely done. Some people would think that what you (and I) would consider the overdone panel lines on the EE Lightning are spot on!

It's always tricky changing paints,I moved to acrylics for airbrushing a few years ago for similar reasons to everyone else,principally the pong, but now tend to veer back and forth between them and enamels. It seems to be almost heretical to say so these days but I still find enamel paints more sympathetic in the airbrush and vastly superior for brush painting.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As Steve pointed out the panel lines on the lightning might be a bit to obvious but all in all a couple of good builds. I think that the reason the paint has cracked up a bit might be that the first coat was not 100% dry or that the Green paint has dried to quick due to warmth. I am only guessing mind.

I agree to that enamels are very good for brush painting as you get more time to brush them out and being slower to dry, any brush marks tend to level off before it dries.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Two good looking builds Lawrence.

Keep up the good work.

Tony.

L

lawrencec

Thanks for the comments as i said these were the last ones i painted with a brush (sorry Ron) I think with hindsight that the green was too thick as i tried to work out the brush marks and therefore was not properly dry when i put the clear coats on. This prompted a move to airbrushes, the results of this were a lot of frustration but definately the way to go with acrylics and worth learning all the new skills required. Here are the next 3 builds completed.

View attachment 35612 Revell 1:44 f 18 hornet done with a cheap dual action airbrush which 'died' after this one was finished

View attachment 35613

View attachment 35614

View attachment 35615 Another Revell this is the 1:48 f4u corsair and weathered with artists watercolours (lesson learnt from the lightning)

View attachment 35616

View attachment 35617

View attachment 35618 A new manufacturer for me , this is the Acadamy 1:72 P51A mustang a christmas present from my mother in law about 3 or 4 years ago this was a relatively quick and fun build.

Hope you enjoy this part of trip down memory lane comments and suggestions are welcome as always

Thanks Lawrence

View attachment 40050

View attachment 40051

View attachment 40097

View attachment 40098

View attachment 40099

View attachment 40100

View attachment 40101

View attachment 40102

View attachment 40103

147.jpg

148.jpg