200mm Imperial Guard Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another superb finish, well done, and the Grenadier next?

Has it arrived yet?

Another bright one, with all the red.

Should be another hot one, but started grey here.

Another day staring at the screen, though I will be calling our IT support, in Poland, to see how the reactivation is progressing.

Enjoy the next victim

Have a good day

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

I ordered the grenadier, but got this instead, so there will be no grenadier. I fancy something a bit simpler next; perhaps a Verlinden with a new head?

Enjoy watching the system reactivate....

Peter.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
You've done a wonderful job on a super sculpt - quite magnificent!
Obviously I have a more personal interest in the subject matter and that Charleville musket is a tour de force!
And a useful inspiration......wait until you see the blob of plastic I've got to work with on the Airfix Grenadier.
Top Job once again, Mr Day!

D

Deleted member 6559

Thank you Neal. It was a great sculpt and therefore very nice to work on. The musket in particular was extremely well done, and although I find painting weapons a bit tedious, it came up reasonably well - can't wait to see what you do with the Airfix version.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Thank you Neal. It was a great sculpt and therefore very nice to work on. The musket in particular was extremely well done, and although I find painting weapons a bit tedious, it came up reasonably well - can't wait to see what you do with the Airfix version.
Cheers,Peter, no pressure there then!
At 1-10 scale(ish),that must be quite a big chunk of resin or metal. How long is it,exactly?(steady chaps) Mine is 175mm:tongue-out3:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Outstanding Peter. There is a lot going on with this bust. Wonderful attention to detail. Must have been a nice sculpt to paint.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Another museum piece outstanding work also the pictures looks like I’m standing in a museum looking at a find sculpture you’ve pulled it off once again my friend

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Lee - Too much praise again, but I'm glad you like him. Many thanks for looking in.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Perfection Peter. Don't think it could be bettered.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Very many thanks.

John - Glad you approve. I've seen some really stunning examples of the range by Brian Smith over at Putty & Paint - truly spectacular work.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. I give credit where credit is do your one of my favorite figure painters.