First Name
monica
very nice going as aways with your work,
where do you put them all I find bust,s hard to display

D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Thanks. Slow progress for me.

John - Cheers.

Steve - Morning. No snow here as yet, but there may be some by the end of the week. I've been very good with my diet and not touched anything containing sugar and very little savoury stuff - it's just not worth having a hyper over. I even appear to have lost a bit of weight, which is no bad thing. Hopefully, I'll get to finish the torso at the back and do some general refining of the drapery today.

Moni - Thanks. My cabinet is full, so it's a policy of one in, one out and into storage at the moment.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Little Alfie is coming on fantastically Peter. Great work on the drapery....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Superb. I appreciate that the sculpt helps but you have got so much character into that face.
We drive to Chester to see the granddaughter, spend a delightful hour or so with her, drive home and fall asleep on the sofa. :smiling5:
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks for looking in and taking the time to comment people. Moz Corry's sculpts take a lot of painting to lick into shape, and I still have some work to do on the jacket. I'm not particularly happy with the back, but at least it will be almost entirely covered by the backpack.

Jim - My granddaughter has been here three weeks and things are finally beginning to settle down, which is good, as it looks like they won't be able to go home any time soon. She and I have got into the habit of watching music videos on U-Tube in the early evenings. ''Ah Ooooo again Grandad'' is a request for Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves of London' - there's a great animated lyrics video that she loves - peculiar taste for a two year old.

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Great progress so far and lots of equipment to occupy you for the rest of the year.

Good to here you and the house are settled and enjoying the routines of captivity.

I guess we will all be in Tier 4 or 5 soon with 50,000 new cases yesterday!

Have a good day with all that equipment

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve

The backpack at least today if I can get to the table. We're all going a bit stir-crazy here, but are at least constantly entertained by the nipper. The Covid situation is certainly scary and I get very concerned that a lot of people are not taking it seriously - we've pretty much isolated ourselves here, with the kids being banned from going into town - at least they have eachother's company. Keep warm.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Stir crazy is the new normal Peter. Here in Somerset it is rare to see anyone not following the rules, but my daughter lives in London and says it is rare to see anyone following them, especially on public transport. Not surprised the numbers are through the roof. Today’s announcement will be a real game changer though. If the system can’t inoculate ten million people a month someone needs kicking! They’ve had long enough to plan for it......

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work as always Peter.

And I fully sympathise with your situation. I'm one of life's more extreme introverts and even have had enough.

We also have have to be very careful as my mum is in our support bubble as she's on her own but is in the medically vulnerable category..... Not easy for anyone at the minute.

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - The Great British Public tends to take rules as a challenge - they are either there to be broken or do not apply personally. Even thousands of deaths do not impress until it impacts on their lives personally, and then it's somebody else's fault. We have a large section of society here in Kent who like to make the conspiracy theories an excuse.

Andrew - Like you I am an introvert, with a pretty bad social phobia, so if I'm feeling it, it must be hell for others. My in-laws are in the eighties, live a mile away and rely on our support, so looking after them has been difficult.

As it turned out, I only got half an hour's bench time, which I used to tidy up the jacket, adding highlights and sorting out the detail:

100_9214.JPG

I think I've done all I can with the jacket and will leave it alone now. I'm still debating on the degree of weathering to go for, but that will be the final overall touch.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Finally got to the end of 2020, what a grim year all told.

Hopefully you will get a little bench time before the household celebrations.

At least you are all together and can share the fun.

Have a great day and Happy 2021

Best regards

Steve & Anna

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morning Peter,

I've been studying your work on the jacket and web gear over and over again. The shading and colors are just superb. Does letting the paint dry and then going back to do touch ups the next day have any ill effects on the previous work? Or does the wet palette allow for that with blending and such? Fantastic piece so far Sir!!!

''Ah Ooooo again Grandad'' is a request for Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves of London' - there's a great animated lyrics video that she loves - peculiar taste for a two year old.

Now worries about the granddaughter as she is developing a good taste in music, just like her granddad's...Now if she develops a craving for Beef Chow Mein, well then maybe you could worry a tad..............He did run amok in Kent..................

I wish you and the family a safe and healthy New Year my friend....

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - What a year, and good riddance to it. I expect we'll all be in bed by midnight as usual. I had extra toddler minding duties yesterday (Katherine went for an endoscopy appointment and the two younger children took the opportunity to escape) so not much done, though I did get to make a small pack for the right rear of our man - there is a strap that ends short of the belt and Mitches haven't provided all of the gear supplied with the full figure. Wishing you and Anna a Happy New Year.

Allen - I still work wet-on-wet when touching up with highlights by at least having a darker tone to blend into, if that makes sense. Good that Remi doesn't understand the Werewolf lyrics - ''You better stay away from him, he'll tear your lungs out Jim.'' Just Covid running amok in Kent at the moment - it's sent the werewolves to ground. And a safe and better New Year to you Allen.