200mm resin gi figure

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone having recently completed a practice figure in a previous post and having some very helpful feedback from everyone ( thanks again ) I decided to take the plunge and have an attempt at this gi resin figure.if it all goes wrong I've got some fairy power spray waiting in the wings.I have made a start with the head and will post limb by limb lol.if at any point you want to chip in with any constructive criticism please do because although I have some idea of what I'm trying to do any help will be greatly appreciated.So thanks for looking and any comments. By the way the 1st pictures of the head are work in progress I'm not 100% happy with it yet cheers guys John View attachment 66394

View attachment 67470

View attachment 67475

View attachment 67476

View attachment 67477

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Good stuff John. I love the detail........ and the 5 o'clock shadow is spot on.

Peter

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well my American gi is almost finished few bits to touch up on the figure and base guns and weapons etc. I also did this figure alongside it which is now finished thanks for looking and any comment cheers everyone

View attachment 67769

View attachment 67770

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Beautiful work John, I think the faces are painted great, well, put this way, if I could do a face half as good as that I would be a happy man lol.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Nice one!!

I really like the skin colour, is spot on ;)

Isn't a criticism, just a suggestion, maybe the boots are so "clean" for a soldier? :P

Cheers

Polux

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Beautifully painted soldier John. Maybe a little clean, but who knows maybe he has just had his fatigues washed and received new boots. The standard bandages, insect repellent and pack of Marlboro cigarettes in the helmet band, nice detail work.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic painting on both, the face work is out standing ,im with Polux and Joe , and know you probably dont wont to mess up to say your paint work

P

Paul P

John i think your painting is very neat and if its a GI thats just been posted to Nam and this is his first day then its spot on. Can i ask what paints you use he looks a bit shiney or it could just be the light

Paul

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone thanks for all comments and advice Vallejo paints were used on the gi it must be the lighting Paul as he doesn't shine when not on camera (iPad) but just in case I will give him another coat of Matt testors dull cote although the health warning on the bottle is abit scary (bottle always shaken before use) after other comments I will rough him up a little so he looks like he's seen abit of action . I know he's not perfect and I know there's room for improvement but I'm still on a big learning curve I have tried to take on board everyone's help and advice and apply this to my figures at the moment this is the result.In time which is the biggest enemy at the moment (work commitments) I hope to improve . Once again I greatly appreciate all help and advice on this topic . :smiling:

P

Paul P

Hi John, a couple of things i would do, i would re do the eye brows, just feather them in with a fine brush, they look a bit too bushy, i would then just dry brush the equipment with a green about 3 shades lighter than the one you used to paint it, this will give it a worn look, and add a bit of dirt to the boots, other than that it looks great

Paul