2016 GB/SIG Suggestions Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I may have missed it but............ No one has suggested a WW1 Build or Dio ......... That is fast becoming a forgotten conflict. :sad:
Absolutely Peter, that's kinda why I'm doing mine, the casualties on both sides are incomprehensible by todays standards and so much of it due to the dumb-headedness of it's "leaders" It certainly was the "Great War" too bad it didn't turn out to be the "War To End All Wars":sad:...........Jim:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Also on a related matter, The pogroms, ethnic cleansing, reprisals against innocent civilian populations, torture , rape and murder, particularly in the Baltic states rivals and surpasses many of those perpetrated during WW2, another little known and forgotten fact.:oops:o_O

P

Polux

You can find them everywhere now!!

The Minons...

Build a vignette or vehicle or ...

R

rogue-one

Ohh and on the group build... how about crashes?! Any vehicle or plane that's crashed or blown up. Good way for anybody to use an old model to modify, burn & make into a diorama ;)

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Ohh and on the group build... how about crashes?! Any vehicle or plane that's crashed or blown up. Good way for anybody to use an old model to modify, burn & make into a diorama ;)
THink we did that once a year or two ago....

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A piece of background scenery NOT made from a kit. Lots of the finished kits we see on here would look much more realistic given a suitable background. A challenge for the uberkit builders to test out their scratch skills with balsa, polystyrene, plaster, papier-mache, packaging materials - and any other bits and pieces which don't come ready-made.

The background itself could be anything from rolling green hills to a cave, building, cityscape, control centre - all pristine new or totally wrecked by age or combat - but no kits or figures. (You can add those after the build is over).

P

Polux

The Shipwrecked.

"-Sure! You want to sail through the ocean on that...?

- yes....I have no more...."

The idea is building funny "boats" over a small base with water effects....

A pilot using pieces from his accidental aircraft, boats made from woods and all kind of trash, using barrels,.... :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
How about an airfix tribute sig/GB , this covers all modelling groups can be very cheep :smiling3:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What if? Scotland had voted for independence in last year's referendum? In 2016 Scotland would have become an independent nation with her own armed forces, so why not model a ship, aircraft or other example of an independent Scottish Armed Forces subject. (No politics please, independence isn't the subject).

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 118349

Is there a doctor in the house build?

A build of any medics vehicle land sea or air or figures maybe stretcher bearers or dioarama related to the the great work that medics do in the field civilian/armed forces

image.jpg

P

Polux

\ said:
How about an airfix tribute sig/GB , this covers all modelling groups can be very cheep :smiling3:
I proposed time ago a similar one :smiling3:

In fact, is one of my new ideas for the 2016 GBs, dedicate one GB each year at difference manufactures!!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I proposed time ago a similar one :smiling3:
In fact, is one of my new ideas for the 2016 GBs, dedicate one GB each year at difference manufactures!!
Cool , I might even join in on this one :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
What if? Scotland had voted for independence in last year's referendum? In 2016 Scotland would have become an independent nation with her own armed forces, so why not model a ship, aircraft or other example of an independent Scottish Armed Forces subject. (No politics please, independence isn't the subject).
I understand the subject is free..? O_o

Could the Scotland forces buy military vehicles at any country...? Japan, Italy,....

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
I understand the subject is free..? O_o
Could the Scotland forces buy military vehicles at any country...? Japan, Italy,....
Why not? There was discussion that Scotland would receive a share of UK military assets so eurofighter typhoons, challengers and warrior afv etc could be modelled or any other military vehicle, ship or aircraft.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
1/16 armour

Putting this forward as I think there could be one or 2 more interested in this larger scale.

Paul

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
\ said:
why not have full devolution?

Royal English Armed Forces.......Unified Irish Defence Force........Welsh Border Patrol

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
\ said:
why not have full devolution?
Royal English Armed Forces.......Unified Irish Defence Force........Welsh Border Patrol
Good shout. Welsh dragons on a tail fin would look great. I singled out Scotland though because 2016 would have been the year they became an independent nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.