28 - 30 mm Dia Wheels wanted

D

didgit

Hi,

First post on here so hi to all...........I'm currently building a scratch build project that requires 2 off Dia 28 - 30mm wheels (non spokes) circa 1940s, but struggling at the moment, if anyone has any ideas, or supplier info ,,, or has similar I am prepared to pay postage and costs etc, would be very grateful.

Thanks

Phil

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Hi,First post on here so hi to all...........I'm currently building a scratch build project that requires 2 off Dia 28 - 30mm wheels (non spokes) circa 1940s, but struggling at the moment, if anyone has any ideas, or supplier info ,,, or has similar I am prepared to pay postage and costs etc, would be very grateful.

Thanks

Phil
Hi Phil.

With the right solutions you can easly mould your own wheels. I mould some of the kit i need sometimes. It saves a lot of time trying to find what is impossible. If you have no luck let me know.

Good luck

Andy

D

didgit

Thanks Andy,

Yep, that was my intention.........to mould using a resin kit (keep a set for future models),,,,,,,but I was was looking for an original plug to start with, ...I could turn the centres out of aluminium but the problem is the tyres, so I am hoping for a moulding including the tyres.

Thanks

Phil

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Thanks Andy,Yep, that was my intention.........to mould using a resin kit (keep a set for future models),,,,,,,but I was was looking for an original plug to start with, ...I could turn the centres out of aluminium but the problem is the tyres, so I am hoping for a moulding including the tyres.

Thanks

Phil
Hi mate,

At least you have the lathe to turn the blank for the wheels. I would suggest that this is the road to go and then purchase some rubber tube wrap it round the blank, cut it dead square, glue the ends, lightly sand them and then mould the whole thing. You can cut the treads afterwards.

Andy

D

didgit

Nice one,

Ill give that a go, good idea it was the tyres that was putting me off.

Cheers

Phil

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Nice one,Ill give that a go, good idea it was the tyres that was putting me off.

Cheers

Phil
Good luck mate, let me know how you get on.

Andy