28mm ACW Figures

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Good evening all
I hope you’re all keeping well during this strange time. I’ve not had much time as we’ve not stopped since day 1 keeping those trains moving. If all goes to plan my house guests will finally be leaving on Friday and I get my desk back and vacate the kitchen. I bought a selection of Perry’s miniatures to try painting something different. These are now almost finished so I thought I’d share a couple of pics. Keep safe everyone.

5F5AEA1F-890D-48D1-8C28-3AB79B271DA9.jpegA10AB49B-8C15-4674-8E2F-AFC6E501F4F4.jpegF1A9693A-31F0-4131-B6C9-DB391BAA6ADD.jpeg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great painting mick , love the detail on the drum . Am I right in thinking the 28 mm relates to the distance from the floor to their eyes , or is that something I dreamt after too many gins ?!! If so then even more amazing , that makes them tiny .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great painting on the Perry boys .....especially like the highlight detail around the gun muzzle Mick.

PS, Tony, you are correct, that is how they are measured....I’d be really worried if you dreamed about things like this though....

PPS, Mick, put a shot up With a figure next to a Vallejo or Tamiya paint pot to give the uninitiated an idea of their size.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
PS, Tony, you are correct, that is how they are measured....I’d be really worried if you dreamed about things like this though....
Cheers Tim , and you’d be surprised the things that go through my head after a few gins :smiling5: :smiling5:

D

Deleted member 7237

Cracking work Mick just brilliant and great to see you back at the bench.
Pete

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They look terrific Mick. Excellent War Gaming figures - they'll look stunning on any suitable battlefield.
Cheers
P

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's tempted me to get a couple of Perry miniature sprues. Mine won't look anywhere near as good as these, but I may end up with something reasonable. Gotta be easier to paint than all those 15mm figures I did a few weeks ago!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Go for it dav....there are loads of plastics out there from a large number of manufacturers....almost all periods are covered these days...

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's tempted me to get a couple of Perry miniature sprues. Mine won't look anywhere near as good as these, but I may end up with something reasonable. Gotta be easier to paint than all those 15mm figures I did a few weeks ago!
Definitely fun to paint, you can pick up a couple of figures on a sprue to try for very little money, go for it

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great work on theses at that scale so well done, ;)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Mick

Great to see the little people. Looks like you had a lot of fun painting these ones up. Thanks for sharing.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I've now finished my current batch of ACW figures so its time to move on. I have standards for them but wasn't sure if I'm keeping the figures or using them to fund something else.
u3.JPG