29-31 Hampton Street. London's East End....Sept. 1940.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice one Rick!

A bit more detail. Coal from that rusty loco build I did on here. Ready to be taken away for the war effort are coiled wire and metal poles. Both made from the copper wire innards of some gash electric cable.
P1320147.JPG

I reckon it's just about there. Just need to see if I can add to it or attend to any daft bits wot I've missed. The trouble is, I'm starting to commit the cardinal sin all model makers are guilty of - Fiddling!

So, once I'm happy with it, I'll leave it alone!...and post up the finished model in Completed Dioramas.

Thanks to all my good friends on here who came up with great suggestions and also supported me with some excellent and very funny 'Remarks'! All top stuff and helped me loads during the building of this diorama.

Right, our 'Million Star' accommodation is loaded with booze and wine gums, so later today and once the wife returns from a bit of shopping, we're off camping for a few days to God knows where. Who cares. Home is where we park it!

Cheers all, stay safe and see you soon.

Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.
We returned last night. Very cold out, but snuggly, snuggly in the camper. Spent most of the day time on the train travelling up and down the wonderful Cambrian Coast Line. All for free, thanks to our bus passes!

Update....
The model is finally finished. Really!
Thanks once more to those who gave their support and suggestions. All gratefully received, acted on and much appreciated.

Here is one picture of the completed diorama. I'll post the finished article a.s.a.p.

As you can see, going by the build content, all is not what it appears to be.....;);)
P1320165.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks boys.
We returned last night. Very cold out, but snuggly, snuggly in the camper. Spent most of the day time on the train travelling up and down the wonderful Cambrian Coast Line. All for free, thanks to our bus passes!

Update....
The model is finally finished. Really!
Thanks once more to those who gave their support and suggestions. All gratefully received, acted on and much appreciated.

Here is one picture of the completed diorama. I'll post the finished article a.s.a.p.

As you can see, all is not what it seemed from the build.....;);)
View attachment 443781

Cheers.
Ron
That's naughty of you!!

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
'e's done it again! First 'e drags us into his scheme with 'is buildin' skills an' stories an' gets us totally 'ooked, then 'e buggers off an' leaves us in suspenders while 'e swans off arahnd the countryside with 'is No 1 girl afore 'e puts up 'is pictures! 'an now 'e puts up a teaser sayin' 'is build ain't wot 'e tole us it was gonna be! Ooooohhhhh!!

's a good job the end results are worth waitin' for or I'd be sendin' 'The Boys' around to sort 'im aht!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jeez, Have I got some catching up to do. New Members, new and finished builds. The Forum has gone into crazy overdrive! I can't cope anymore.....:astonished:

Anyway, sorry if the build came over as slightly misleading folks, but I took a last look at the wrecked buildings and decided it needed livening up a bit. So as a late addition, I did just that.

Pete. We've lived just over the border in Wales for the last 45 years and for nearly 14 years I've had me a Welsh bus pass. I can go to Chester (6mls.) on the bus. but no further into England. A nonsense really! The pass allows for unlimited 12 month free bus travel in the Principality and on certain Rail Routes, free between Oct and March. The Cambrian Coast Line being one of them. From the campsite we walk a mile or so to a 'Request Stop', from where we can jump on this train and away to go for the day.

Final photos asap in Dioramas 'Completed'

Cheers.
Ron

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Pete. We've lived just over the border in Wales for the last 45 years and for nearly 14 years I've had me a Welsh bus pass. I can go to Chester (6mls.) on the bus. but no further into England. A nonsense really! The pass allows for unlimited 12 month free bus travel in the Principality and on certain Rail Routes, free between Oct and March. The Cambrian Coast Line being one of them. From the campsite we walk a mile or so to a 'Request Stop', from where we can jump on this train and away to go for the day.
It irritates me when I visit my birthplace (Cardiff) and have to pay for bus fares, just because I've been on a cultural mission to England since 1989!
Pete

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jeez, Have I got some catching up to do. New Members, new and finished builds. The Forum has gone into crazy overdrive! I can't cope anymore.....:astonished:

Anyway, sorry if the build came over as slightly misleading folks, but I took a last look at the wrecked buildings and decided it needed livening up a bit. So as a late addition, I did just that.

Final photos asap in Dioramas 'Completed'

Cheers.
Ron
You should be used to this sort of thing 570.........huge influx of "foreign" entities on here 'bout 4 years ago.....you know, when they shut down that unmentionable forum and folks all barged in here and sort of took over this nice respectable (proper) modeling space with all their inside jokes and banter and such.......ruffled more than a few feathers I can tell you......and here we are! The more the merrier. Hope to see your completed dio soon.......and welcome back Sir! ;) :thumb2: Yours, 358