3.7cm Flak 43 auf Selbstfahrlafette (Sd.Kfz.7/2)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Simply stunning. Very well done indeed!

ATB.

Andrew

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
..... you coulda got away with that if you hadn't fessed up,nice one!! ;)
Just had a look at that site,some very nice stuff they do.... think I'll be purchasing a few of their mesh covered helmets for a future project :smiling3:
Yea, they produce some nice stuff

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
Wonderful work Los, the weathering is superb.

Jim.
Cheers Jim. Not 100% sure which forum completed self-propelled armoured Flak vehicles are supposed to be posted to. They span a few categories. Any advice gents?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think we were informed that they fall under Completed Armored Vehicles.......operative word being "Armored". HTH ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I normally start these posts with a disclaimer about me not being an armour builder, but let's just skip that bit and go straight to the wow, that made me stop and look. This is a very impressive model. I'm not quite sure how the vehicle identifies itself with tyres and tracks, but it does look amazing. Well done.

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
I normally start these posts with a disclaimer about me not being an armour builder, but let's just skip that bit and go straight to the wow, that made me stop and look. This is a very impressive model. I'm not quite sure how the vehicle identifies itself with tyres and tracks, but it does look amazing. Well done.
Cheers Colin

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
ADMIN, COULD YOU PLEASE RELOCATE THIS WHOLE POST TO ARMOURED VEHICLES UNDER CONSTRUCTION?

The reason why? This project continues to surprise, and not always in a good way! Unfortunately, the seperate 3D printed ammo trailer which was to fully complete the build took a tumble off the bench the week before last and I am currently trying to make it presentable. I was working on the hydraulic pipe and towing eye connection when it took an involuntary leap https://www.scale-models.co.uk/thre...n-trailer-3d-printed.39659/page-5#post-642898 I cleaned up the remnants but couldn’t look at the damage for a few days as I was so p****d at myself for being so clumsy:loudly-crying:

It was in a sorry state but remarkable the major components, although many now separated, seem to have remained mainly intact. I'm currently re-building the damaged areas and will have to decide whether it can be made to look presentable without resorting to covering certain damaged areas with tarps etc. Even though a fellow modeller kindly donated a lot of parts they had already printed themselves from the 3D file I still might have to resort to building the second 3D kit I have. Unfortunately, this doesn’t have the roof rack. We will see once I have made the repairs and make a decision.

The last image I took moments before its skydiving activities! You can see the little brass hook I was using to keep both vehicles connected. Removing this to test fit the hydraulic pipe was when calamity struck !

20221105_224818.jpg

Last edited: