#3 Dale Earnhardt 2001 Daytona 500 NASCAR

T

TheCat30

It's been a while since I've posted here...

This is going to be my first NASCAR build ever. I always wanted to build Dale Earnhardt's last race car for the last two years. It was not until my friend told me about Mike's Decals website that I finally found the decal markings for Dale's 2001 Daytona 500 Race car.

This is going to be a Tribute build for Dale Earnhardt Sr. I'm planning to build a few of his race cars. Plus I'm going to build Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Jr's 2001 Rolex 24 hours race car.

Ok, enough talk and lets go to the WIP pictures:

Here's the picture of the actual car in Daytona 500 2001

Last edited:
T

TheCat30

Body Primed and painted:

After waiting a week for the black paint to dry. I painted the Silver on the rocker panels, front and rear. This was not as bad as I thought it may be. In fact, I'm enjoying building this NASCAR car.

T

TheCat30

After a day to let the Silver paint dry. I started to place the decals. Was not sure where to start, so I just started by applying the headlight decals. I have to say, those Mike's Decals go on very smoothly.

Then I applied the red stripe on top of the Silver trim.

R

Richy C

Very nice Felix , paint job looks superb , black can be a nightmare to get right , Indycals also do a lot decals and are in the US I`ve used them a few times and the decals and service are 1st class, appoligies if you already know this .

Richy

A

AdamM

Nice start, body looks very nice. Look forward to the finished product.

G

GeeBee

Looking good, that's a real nice shine you got on the body, looking forward to seeing more on this build ...