3rd brush paint ever. Have a look

T

tenchu11

These are two BF 109s. The darker one is my 2nd paint job using nylon brushes and regular masking tape that made ugly lines when I peeled. The lighter N. African 109 I used Sable brush for the 2 coats and better quality synthetic round brushes. Also an artist spounge to make the random cammo dotting patterns, I used dry brush weathing of with rust color acrylic and model master dark wash..that settled longer than I'd hope (maybe needed more thinner). I'm only 3 models in, in about 3 weeks and I find myself slighting getting better.

View attachment 87606

View attachment 87607

View attachment 87608

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

T

tenchu11

The lighter BF109 is also a lvl 2 skill vs lvl 1 (the first one). I had fitting issues with the canopy and trying to figure out how to avoid smears and small details on the paint. Some parts just look off but I'm having a blast learning.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Third attempt is showing improvement , on the mottle effect it's a bit heavy in places and just right in others , I find this is one of the most difficult areas to do with a brush or a sponge , I find it much better to use a brush cut halfway so you get a little flat circle of bristles like this View attachment 87609

Then wipe most of the paint off as you would for dry brushing then dab it on to the area , the problem I find with a sponge is it can soak up too much paint and although you think you've removed most of the paint it can hide some further down
Your doing all the right things and it takes practice in a couple of months you will see a difference in your painting skill and every build you do will show it

Above everything enjoy it :smiling3:

image.jpg

First Name
Gregg
\ said:
Third attempt is showing improvement , on the mottle effect it's a bit heavy in places and just right in others , I find this is one of the most difficult areas to do with a brush or a sponge , I find it much better to use a brush cut halfway so you get a little flat circle of bristles like this View attachment 88122Then wipe most of the paint off as you would for dry brushing then dab it on to the area , the problem I find with a sponge is it can soak up too much paint and although you think you've removed most of the paint it can hide some further downYour doing all the right things and it takes practice in a couple of months you will see a difference in your painting skill and every build you do will show it

Above everything enjoy it :smiling3:
The cut off brush is the method I have always used, softer finish than sponge & easier to control amount of paint used.

Gregg