3rd Tank Panzer Kampfwagen ll

T

treyzx10r

Looking great so far Mark! Really cranking these out,you'll be giving Roman a run for production boss!

S

Saber

Im slowing down in my old age though might have to drink more coffee :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
looking real nice buddy

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
that is a very well weathered and battle weary tank u have there Mark - if u find some time i would interested to know more about the various weathering techniques u have going on there ... cheers Lindsey

P

Polux

Wow! Is heavy weathered!!

Very nice Mark!

I wish to see it finished and the dio! ;)

Cheers

Polux

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Wondered what was going off for a minute with the cotton wool, but you know, it's worked very well. Take my hat off to you, great technique. I'll have to give it a go some time.

Have fun, John

S

Saber

\ said:
that is a very well weathered and battle weary tank u have there Mark - if u find some time i would interested to know more about the various weathering techniques u have going on there ... cheers Lindsey
Hi Lindsey, I must give credit to a chap on You Tube called Hamilkar Barkas who has some great tips on weathering tanks. I started off painting the tanks and figures with a black first coat acrylic with my airbrush then I painted the tank green. Next stage was using masking fluid Humbrol Maskol and cotton buds. I use an old washing up sponge and cut a bit off it then dip that in the maskol and dab it on the tanks on the areas I want to be chipped. Then when that was done I but the cotton wool on using a small blob of blue tak to attach them to the tank. Then its off to kitchen to spray the yellow top coat on. Once that was done and dry I took off the cotton wool and rubbed off the maskol to reveal the chipping and green blobby areas.

With that all done I ground up some brown yellow and black chalk pastels into 3 mince pie tin foils and added water and a drop of washing up liquid. I used them for doing a wash over the tank letting it dribble all over select areas.

I then ground up some more chalk pastels sandy color ones and dab on some white glue over the tank wheels here and there then dab on the ground up chalk pastels into the white glue.

After all that a quick dry brushing with some silver acrylic paint on the edges and that was about it. I was going to buy some mig pigments but have not got round to it yet so the ground up chalk pastels is a cheaper options and works ok.

Hope that helps but do check out this link its very good.

How to build a realistic tank model - YouTube

P

Polux

Looking very, very good.

I will be waiting for the finished set.

Have fun

S

Saber

Ok its all finished now I made a You tube vid of it for your viewing pleasure..

Tamiya Panzer Kampfwagen II 1:35 scale - YouTube