3x Tiger II in the Ardennes (1/72)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Steven...nice work on the small scale dio. That scale lets you have three Tiger II's in one scene.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Steven,
As an 87 scaler I can really appreciate the effort you have put into this diorama. You have really captured the darkness and rugged terrain of the Ardennes forest. Well Done!:thumb2:
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steven.
Late in so just had a read through. Nice base photos and technique, where did you get the net please ?
Love the pines,very realistic, as is the whole back drop to the Tigers.
Great modelling. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.

Last edited:

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Thanks Danny, Richard, Rick and John for the comments, I really appreciate it :thumb2:

John : The net I got from the DIY hardware store, it's that typical net to put on a frame in the window and keep the bugs out ;). It helps to reinforce the thin plaster and avoid any cracks.

Kind regards,
Steven

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Danny, Richard, Rick and John for the comments, I really appreciate it :thumb2:

John : The net I got from the DIY hardware store, it's that typical net to put on a frame in the window and keep the bugs out ;). It helps to reinforce the thin plaster and avoid any cracks.

Kind regards,
Steven
Thanks..... I'll have a look here in the UK. Thats a neat idea to bind the plaster.

John,

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks..... I'll have a look here in the UK. Thats a neat idea to bind the plaster.

John,

Kind regards,
Steven
Hi Steven....... after a quick search found some on eBay, is yours the nylon net type or the s/steel.
Can't see a problem using the nylon over bits of foam, can see the s/steel forming a better shape with it being firmer. Now on the list !
John.

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Hi John ;)
Mine is a nylon type net, a steel one should work fine I think, the only problem I can think of is that when the coating of a steel net would get damaged (for example by bending or cutting) it might start to rust when the wet plaster is aplied and leave some brown spots after some time... But I never tested it, it might not be a problem at all :thumb2:

Kind regards and have fun ;)
Steven

Reactions: JR
First Name
Wouter
Hi Steven, nice project here chap. Can't go wrong with a Tiger II for me :P

Lovely scene!

Cheers

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name