4Bo at the ready!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A terrific first attempt Bob. The light highlights look really good.
Many thanks Steve

All down to.you and Steve H!!

Going to leave now, got work to do on the fuel tanks then varnish, decal and weathering!

Just sprayed a Pz 11 in dunkelgrau for next modulation practice then the StuH

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Getting there Bob,

Your first picture has a good contrast and is green, the other 3 seem to have lost their colour?

Its always fun to play and your first wash will take the modulation down several notches straight away.

Enjoy the weathering, its the bit that most modelers really look forward to.

Have a good weekend and hopefully some energy to keep playing

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Many thanks Steve, your help and advice is very much appreciated!!

A lot more practice is needed!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
While the horrible 4BO beast dries after a coat of gloss ready for decals the part i like the bestest weathering, i have got on with the kits rubber band tracks

used a mixture of dust, dark and dry mud pigments and then a silicon pencil to apply dark steel pigments to hopefully show contact with roads after the beast left the country side into a town.

new bits 1 002.JPGnew bits 1 003.JPG

Not sure if I need to reapply the dark steel onto the tracks, to make them shine a bit more???

cheers bob

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Bob

Looks pretty good for rubber band tracks, if you feel it needs something perhaps some graphite/pencil will be enough to lift it without making it too bright?

Nice work

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
evening

Decals and filters added, put a hole in one of the fuel tanks and will add split fuel puddles etc

Used two different filters to hopefully show contrast:thinking:, can see a bit more modulation on the hinges etc needs to be done

t34 001.JPG
t34 002.JPG
t34 003.JPG
t34 004.JPG
t34 005.JPG

Can see one or two hairs and dust specs, i cannot fully control this, i hoover the bench and area every time but its a right pain

I am very grateful to Steve Jones, his help and support has been fantastic :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:, he is now helping me with a modulation on a Pz 11, which is inside the food container below the T 34

May do some more filter layers then the washes and chips etc, etc

hope it looks ok to you chaps

bob

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
getting there Bob

Contamination on tanks can be hidden under the weathering and is a real pig to stop, but it sounds like you have some good ideas

I have some large old Titan display covers from the 70's that I use, but its never perfect.

Time to enjoy the weathering

Have fun and keep up the great work

Regards

Steve H

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good Bob!!

You have realised it's not a Stug or close relative haven't to you?!?!?!?

ATB

Andrew

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice update Bob. All heading in the right direction

In the early days I suffered terribly from dust and hairs on my builds despite continually cleaning my bench. So I invested in several plastic containers which are large enough to put several build components in. So as soon as the parts are washed and ready for painting they go straight in them. When I start painting I airbrush the parts with air to take off any unwanted dust and hairs. Then as soon as the part is sprayed it goes straight back in the box to dry off. Also when using the hairy stick make sure its washed first to remove any hairs and dust whilst its been sat on your bench. This has considerably reduced my dust and hair issue to maybe one or two per build.

Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Bob,
The paint and washes look great.
Cheers Scottie, enjoy this bit the most
Looking good Bob
Thanks Jack, appreciated!
getting there Bob

Contamination on tanks can be hidden under the weathering and is a real pig to stop, but it sounds like you have some good ideas

I have some large old Titan display covers from the 70's that I use, but its never perfect.

Time to enjoy the weathering

Have fun and keep up the great work

Regards

Steve H
The garage is a real pain, use old shoe boxs also bought some food containers from Asda, Perfect and only £1 50.

Lots more to do

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Nice update Bob. All heading in the right direction

In the early days I suffered terribly from dust and hairs on my builds despite continually cleaning my bench. So I invested in several plastic containers which are large enough to put several build components in. So as soon as the parts are washed and ready for painting they go straight in them. When I start painting I airbrush the parts with air to take off any unwanted dust and hairs. Then as soon as they part is sprayed it goes straight back in the box to dry off. Also when using the hairy stick make sure its washed first to remove any hairs and dust whilst its been sat on your bench. This has considerably reduced my dust and hair issue to maybe one or two per build.
Sound advice Steve, does not help that when doing the filter my large ginger moggie was right over my shoulder watching me, swine!!
Looking very good Bob!!

You have realised it's not a Stug or close relative haven't to you?!?!?!?

ATB

Andrew
Its not all StuG you know, ok i give up it is lol

Thanks Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
and the next steps

Added washes and chipping

t34 001.JPG
t34 002.JPG
t34 003.JPG
t34 004.JPG
t34 005.JPG

almost finished with this stage, i used a wash to hopefully gunge up the tank and then used VMS chip and Nick from John, you paint it on, wait then remove with a water soaked brush removing almost all of it .

It says to leave for 10 -15mins but after this is set very hard and was a real struggle to remove so i played around with the timing, getting to the point as soon as it was no longer wet i removed it, got easirer as I went along.

More practice needed of course, but Chris the owner of VMS is very helpful and has quickly answered my questions. I bought chip aid which allows you to remove the paint up to three days later, so at least i have that option in the morning

Next stage is dust, mud and dried mud on the hull and wheels, a bit i enjoy the most, the child in me lol

I am interesetd in feedback of course???????????????