4Bo at the ready!!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
thanks Jack:thumb2:

Hi Jason, a normal ready made wash but also left the VMS chipping paint in places hoping to show a buuild up of grime

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings Bob, , rather late to to your conversion to 4BO. :smiling3::nerd:. Sorry for this, have no idea why I missed such an important build. Looks really good. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

Hopefully you are going to do a pinwash to pick out the lines between various parts, like around the hatches etc.

Congratulations on the colour, If you want to do high lights, one way of seeing where the light falls is to shine a light from the angle of the sun on to the model, then spray the lighter shade where its picked out.

Say after me 4BO rule 4BO Rule 4BO Rule., see its not hard.:nerd:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Awesome work Bob. A cracking look to the Russian beast. Bring on the mud

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Greetings Bob, , rather late to to your conversion to 4BO. :smiling3::nerd:. Sorry for this, have no idea why I missed such an important build. Looks really good. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:.

Hopefully you are going to do a pinwash to pick out the lines between various parts, like around the hatches etc.

Congratulations on the colour, If you want to do high lights, one way of seeing where the light falls is to shine a light from the angle of the sun on to the model, then spray the lighter shade where its picked out.

Say after me 4BO rule 4BO Rule 4BO Rule., see its not hard.:nerd:
4BO my ***** lol

Thanks John, that has been done but its mainly vanishedvunder the grunge!! Really pleased our no 1 ruski agent likes it. !!!

Awesome work Bob. A cracking look to the Russian beast. Bring on the mud
Appreciated Steve. Was not sure it was overdone, so happy you chaps like it. Am i right in saying that modulation was wasted or have i over done the weathering and grunge ???

Bob,
A great looking finish, a nice amount of grunge and chipping.
Hi Paul, very much appreciated. Hope to show dry mud and dust as if its been rampaging in the country but enters a town and its dry weather so dry mud etc

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Appreciated Steve. Was not sure it was overdone, so happy you chaps like it. Am i right in saying that modulation was wasted or have i over done the weathering and grunge ???

Not at all Bob. If you look at the rear nuts you can clearly see the difference from them and the main armour. The dome on top of the turret is particularly well done and shows the benefit of doing modulation. If anything your build has proven that you need to be more extreme with your modulation to enhance the overall look of the model.For a first attempt you must be very pleased.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Steve

Really thought i had ruined it after it dried, but removed and blended parts and yes learning lots. Impressed with the VMS chipping apart from it has not chipped some parts such as handles well. But the resiude i left has down well as built up grunge. So many wheels to weather next.

Can see your point now ref modulation!

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Its too late for this build but the wheels of a tank are a great way to go to town with the modulation extremes. I always aim to paint the wheels with light colours to contrast against the hull's darker colours. Use two or three different shades on reach wheel. Also highlighting rims, nuts and edges really makes them stand out.

IMG_0114.JPGIMG_0115.JPG

You can be extreme as much as you want because, as you have found on your build, once all the weathering has been applied they all tone down and blend in nicely to the overall look of the tank.

IMG_0127.JPG

Happy modulating!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Bob

Super work, you should be well pleased with your progress to date.

The one thing that I might suggest is a panel liner dark/black wash on the engine grill, then a dry brush over to pick out the wire cover.

Its much easier than replacing with photo etch, as it looks 1/2 done t the moment.

As your 1st T34 it does look cool.

A Pz II too?

Enjoy

Steve H

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
By the way Bob, have you watched Steve J's 3 part Jerry can videos?

They are well worth watching, well done Steve, its always good to see the inside track on how you get your results

Steve H

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Great stuff Bob life after stugs we had better watch our backs (good job I checked ,stugs came out as drugs on the predict a text)don't worry to much about the the 4BO another of those mythical colours who knows the truth bit like panzer gray l like mine on the faded denim kinda look others grey I've even seen it almost dark purple almost black. Only question I would ask is shouldn't filler caps on external tanks be on the top not a criticism just a thought.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Bob well I don't know much tanks an this 4bo but to me as ive just gone through your whole thread an I think you have done a very good build an the 4bo looks just right from what I know so keep up the good work
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
.,,sorry ..,is it an oil based wash?
Jason
Hi Jason, as far as i know its water based, brush cleaned ok in water. However once the chip and nick paint fully dries its a bugger to get off the paint well !! ;)

Morning Bob

Super work, you should be well pleased with your progress to date.

The one thing that I might suggest is a panel liner dark/black wash on the engine grill, then a dry brush over to pick out the wire cover.

Its much easier than replacing with photo etch, as it looks 1/2 done t the moment.

As your 1st T34 it does look cool.

A Pz II too?

Enjoy

Steve H
Hi Steve, greatly appreciate the kind words :thumb2:

Hope you are both well, pleased so far and sound advice ref the grills, will look at that! I also have the old Tamiya Pz 11 on the bench, painted and applied the first light layer of paint modualtion and also mud to the hull

Have found Steves YT channel (theres posh) and subscribed striaght away. great videos and learning a lot, would recommend to everyone to have a look

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Great stuff Bob life after stugs we had better watch our backs (good job I checked ,stugs came out as drugs on the predict a text)don't worry to much about the the 4BO another of those mythical colours who knows the truth bit like panzer gray l like mine on the faded denim kinda look others grey I've even seen it almost dark purple almost black. Only question I would ask is shouldn't filler caps on external tanks be on the top not a criticism just a thought.
Oh no, no such thing as life after StuGs Dave, got a rather large stack of them in the stash :astonished:once hooked thats your bum :tongue-out3:

much apprecite you looking in, will check the tanks?

bob

HI Bob well I don't know much tanks an this 4bo but to me as ive just gone through your whole thread an I think you have done a very good build an the 4bo looks just right from what I know so keep up the good work
chris
Very kind Chris, and much apprecited from mr boat himself ;)

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon

added pigments on the hull and layered the wheels. dark wash then a layer almost drybrushed on the ribs and holes of a lightened green, then two washes of dust and dried mud followed by earth and dry mud pigments

Had a nightmare joining the rubber band tracks so will have to hide the damage on the dio base
t34 1 002.JPG
t34 1 003.JPG
t34 1 006.JPG

Next first layer of dark mud
t34 1 004.JPG
t34 1 005.JPG

next up is fuel leaking from the hole in the tank, then oil leaks on the wheels followed by another layer of pigments and then dust on the body

bob