4Bo at the ready!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Just had a most enjoyable catch up. You're doing a cracking job on this. Lots of ideas and techniques to build up the weathering you want.
Jim

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Cracking work Bob

Best to fix the duff tracks with 20 p of pigments than $30 of Fruil metal tracks.

Enjoy the mud, its a great start

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Bob
Just had a most enjoyable catch up. You're doing a cracking job on this. Lots of ideas and techniques to build up the weathering you want.
Jim
Hi Jim, thank for the kind words i do enjoy this bit the best apart from the mess ;)
Cracking work Bob

Best to fix the duff tracks with 20 p of pigments than $30 of Fruil metal tracks.

Enjoy the mud, its a great start

Regards

Steve H
Afternoon Steve

your kit is ready to go in the morning

I can not justify buying better tracks as it would almost double the price, but do hate the heat the pins jobs. Yep pigments will hide this!!

getting there thanks
bob

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bob,
the tracks have come out well, but no matter how you dress them, they're still rubber bands - if not for this model, then any future T-34s, then these are nice replacements
MiniArt T-34.jpg
Fuel leaks? - Remember that the T-34, along with the other Russian battle tanks were powered by diesel engines. Leaks of diesel are different to petrol, petrol evaporates fairly quickly, so you get shorter 'trails' of lighter colour, diesel doesn't evaporate as fast as petrol - so longer trails, and much darker, and because it hangs around longer, it also lifts the paint! Pedantic, I know........................
Dave

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Dave

one for the future thanks

Having worked on trucks i have had my fair share of pesky fuel leaks lol :angry:, i have punctured one of the tanks so will try to show diesel fuel pooling on the fenders and running onto wheels and tracks

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Go go go Bob the Stug.Doing a mighty fine job fella.The old Tamiya tracks are lovely hmm not,I used to get Mum to sew them together and try and hide join.
Carry on that man.
Rich.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Go go go Bob the Stug.Doing a mighty fine job fella.The old Tamiya tracks are lovely hmm not,I used to get Mum to sew them together and try and hide join.
Carry on that man.
Rich.
Hi Rich, good to hear from you hope you are well!

Many thanks, not a fan of these track lol

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The wheels and tracks have come out well. Looking forward to seeing the grease and oil spots.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks Steve

Its drying after fuel leaks, dust, dry mud and dust streaking! Busy boy!

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Next installment, tried to show fuel pooling and leaking from a punctured fuel tank, once on the base i can add fuel onto the road ect

Also added a dust wash and pigments plus fuel and oil leaks followed by dust streaks on the turret, then a bit of black smoke on the exhausts

Not too happy with the dry mud on the front and rear, may need to redo that :thinking:
t34 2 001.JPG
t34 2 002.JPG
t34 2 003.JPG
t34 2 004.JPG
t34 2 005.JPG
t34 2 006.JPG
t34 2 007.JPG
t34 2 008.JPG

As the camera never lies i can see places needing a bit of cleaning up and a bit of work here and there !

i need add oil leaks on to the wheel bearing hubs ahowing oil being thrown out as they rotate and a few rust streaks

Now the ???? do i need to add some dust streaks onto the hull or will that over cook it

Your honest feedback and CC would be most welcome ;)

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looking really good Bob. I wouldn't re-do the mud, just maybe blend it in a little, or soften it with a stiff brush, the lines around the hatch are maybe a little too stark. Looking really good though!
Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 19.14.58.png